Author Topic: Wilton Classic 3-4th June 2017  (Read 3987 times)

shep

• View Profile
Wilton Classic 3-4th June 2017
« on: February 14, 2017, 16:35:35 »
Dear ACOC Members,

We received the invitation below to take part in the Wilton Classic in June this year. They want 10 cars to be on the stand on the Saturday and Sunday, and there is a charge of £375 to the ACOC for the weekend, which includes tickets for the 10 exhibitors on each day.

If anyone would like to organise our participation in the event, please send me a private message, and we can discuss it further.

As it is not an ACOC organised event, the Club cannot guarantee any of the details, but it sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

All the best, Andy.

LETTER FROM THE WILTON CLASSIC AS FOLLOWS:

Dear AC Owners Club Ltd,

I write on behalf of Lord Pembroke and us all at Wilton to invite the AC Owners Club Ltd Club to be part of the all-new and much enhanced Wilton Classic and Supercar weekend over 3-4 June 2017.

Although supercars have been gathering at The Earl of Pembroke’s ancestral home for several years, the all-new event will be far broader in its scope and attractions than anything staged at Wilton before. Held under the auspices of the brand’s new tag line, ‘Celebrating The Stories Behind The Cars We Love’ the whole weekend will be dedicated to the people who made – and make – automotive history. It is, in a sense, a story-telling festival for cars, anchored around the brand’s new website, which has recently been launched as a story-telling portal for enthusiasts. You can see that at:  www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk.

As part of the new show we are creating a dedicated zone for car clubs – particularly one-make car clubs to display their best selection of cars – x10 per plot. Each plot will be given sufficient space for the 10 cars, picnicking and associated furniture (tables, brollies, benches etc). The siting will be adjacent to the main retail area, and within a very close walk to Wilton House and the centre of the event.

The cost works out at £250 per Club per day or £375 per Club for the weekend. (A weekend booking is logistically preferable). The cost of the plot is essentially our discounted ticket price worked out at one-ticket per car. We will then provide the tables, chairs and brollies etc ‘free’ of charge, together with the dedicated plot.

We will only have about 30 slots and have around 450 clubs identified, so will allocate space on the most appropriate basis. Our request to you is that you choose the best possible x10 cars to attend, showing off your Club’s marque(s) to best affect. There will be a prize for the best-presented set of club cars: a free plot and tickets at next year’s event!

Do bear in mind that the ground, while prepared, is agricultural in nature, and low cars may not be suited to it. A classic vehicle, like an older Porsche 911 or MG, should have no problem at all. We may have limited space for supercar clubs with much lower cars.

While there is no camping on-site there is camping available nearby at Salisbury racecourse and there are many small hotels in the locale.

The idea is that you, as a Club, commits and pays for this facility up-front and then reclaim the costs from your selected members (or as you will).

Do have a good look at our website to see what is in store. We will be launching more event features over the coming weeks. Suffice it to say that we are expecting around 650 supercars and exceptional classics over the weekend through such main event attractions as the Wilton 100 – the Concours d’Histoire, the Wilton 6 Nations and the Wilton Wow! These displays form only part of a rich event.

We do hope the event appeals to you and attach an application form with terms and conditions. If you’d like to reserve your slot, please read the material carefully and return the form soonest.

With best regards and my thanks,

Jonatan

Jonatan Pagmar
   CO-ORDINATOR OF THE CAR CLUBS

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
   Wilton Classic & Supercar
   Pembroke Events Ltd.
   The Estate Office, Wilton
   Salisbury, SP2 0BJ
   –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
   M / +44 7873 982509
   E / WCS-Clubs@wiltonhouse.com
   www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk

Morgy

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:59 »
PM sent...

alexG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 19:56:14 »
Wilton is a great event. I have taken the Ace a few times, and other cars. It started out as a Supercar day some years ago, his (young) lordship being a real petrolhead and Veyron owner, amongst other cars like a 300SL, 288GTO etc
   They introduced a quality Classic section maybe 4 years ago, and had a sabbatical last year with the aim of making it a bigger and better 2 day event in 2017.
   Its a lovely location, and very accessible from pretty much anywhere in the South, so I would highly recommend it. Sort of goodwood without the crowds...

alexG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 17:33:57 »
Not sure if it has filtered to anyone at the club yet, but Wilton has been cancelled, which is a great shame. I heard because I had an entry direct with them in their Concours D'histoire.

This was the message from the event Director:

It is with great regret and sadness that I write to inform you that the decision has been made not to hold Wilton Classic and Supercar in 2017. After 18 months’ work and a very big investment this has come as a shock to us all, especially in the midst of so much support and work done, but circumstances beyond our control have forced the decision.