Author Topic: AC MkIV Cobra for sale  (Read 6520 times)

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:13:05 »
I have just spotted a 1988 MkIV Cobra for sale on Ebay motors in the States. It is item number #330016582993. The description of the car is very comprehensive and there is an exceptionally good range of pictures of the car. For anybody looking for a car it may well be worth checking out.
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 15:45:30 »
The car didnt sell at 55k  I think this is a good sign ... I seen these cars at dealers in the UK for 160k ... this car is very close to my car except for the color.

Nice car and hope the cost keeps rising.
   Ron

jbottini

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 23:21:32 »
I have AK1113 Guards red with tan. Are spares available for these cars in England? I'm looking for top, side curtains, wheel wrench and other misc bits. I love the car..had CSX 3327 some 25 years ago as well.

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 20:23:15 »
In response to the parts enquiry for AK1113, you could try Neil Fischer @ Redline Engineering. They have a web-site. He may be able to help you obtain the parts you need.
   Also, currently there is a black MkIV also for sale on E-bay, again good description and photographs.
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 23:55:20 »
Yes the black car I have inquired about. It has been repainted .. and a nice car.

Ron

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 05:00:46 »
The black car on eBay was sold originally to a Ted Smook of Virginia. I delivered it to him personally. As an aside, despite what several sellers claim, all Mark IVs delivered in the US carried "AC" emblems, not "Cobra" logos. While Autokraft had the license from Ford to use the trademark, we were unable to do so in the US due to Fords requirement to have Ford named as additional insured on the products liability insurance. Brian could find no carrier to write a policy with Ford on it as they were too big a target and would possibly encourage a claim that would not have been brought otherwise. Many owners added the Cobra emblems...I installed some for owners (after delivery of course!)
   Rick

AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:02:41 »
Mark IV .. you bring up an interesting topic.  Mine had Cobra emblems and I found the AC in the grove compartment the last digits are 17234 ... so what your saying is the Cobra emblems were added but by who.  Please explain.
    I took them off and put AC back on.

Ron

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 19:54:08 »
AK3024, Often the owners insatlled them. Easier to say "I have a Cobra" than try to explain what an "AC" is. Some of the dealers installed them although we were not supposed to.
   Rick

linklaw

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 22:14:18 »
Is there a source for the AC emblems?  My car has the cobra emblems and I would like to replace them with AC emblems if I can get them.  Thanks. John

AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 01:28:03 »
John I removed mine and of course the holes are in differnet locations.  I used little plugs and touch up paint then put the AC emblem over it and you cant see it.  It was the only other option to repainting the deck lid and front cowl.  My personal opinion it was a bad move to put Cobra emblems on .

Ron

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 08:50:33 »
For original AC emblems you could very well try the new AC Factory on Malta. I have found John Owen the Chief Engineer to be very helpful. If you go onto the companies web-site there is a page for ordering spare parts. This page is geared towards inputs from Stateside people and seems to work, the last time I tried it from England it would not work for me however. Sometimes the response from the Factory can be very slow, if this is the case I have John Ownens e-mail which I can give you.
   Alan

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 02:59:07 »
Hi,
     I bought AK1227, the red car that was on eBay.  I am now waiting for it to be shipped (another 10 days).  I am excited, nervous and can't sleep.  This is a great site and hope to learn more from it.

Regards,

Jan

AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 07:20:13 »
Jan best of luck that was a nice car.  Glad it has a new owner.  Contrary to my user name mine is AK1234 both cars were close in manuafacture date and I noticed very similiar options.

Where you located.

Ron

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
AC MkIV Cobra for sale
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 19:45:03 »
Hi Ron,
      I'm in Fairfield County Connecticut.  Hopefully we can meet up someday.  Email me, and I'll shoot you over my cell #.

Regards,

Jan