Author Topic: An Interesting Colour Scheme!  (Read 3836 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
An Interesting Colour Scheme!
« on: July 24, 2011, 21:59:04 »
Deleted

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 16:15:51 »
Mmmmmm. Having raced an Orange Cobra for the last 20 years, who am I to say anything? In my defence, I had no stripes or chrome bits. If possible it almost looked understated in an extrovert sort of way. This one is louder than its own exhausts! I hope it goes like stink, as I'd hate to be its driver if anyone beat me to the next traffic lights!

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:39 »
Dear Chafford,

The first few words on our Website are "The ACOC exists to promote the preservation and enjoyment of all the different models built by the AC company from 1903."

Please desist from Forum postings that don't concern ACs. If in any doubt, kindly consult our registers for a definitive answer.

Robin Stainer
   rstainer@radcothouse.co.uk

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 12:41:31 »
Dear Mark Chafford,

My advice stands. The more the forum is taken over by individuals who do not appear ever to have owned an AC (per the Club's registers), do not appear to have any special knowledge of the marque and do not appear to to be prepared to join the Club that provides this Forum, the more it discourages true AC enthusiasts from using it.

Please do not contribute to the Thames Ditton Cobra forum unless you have something interesting to say that is not in our registers or other readily-available sources.

Robin Stainer
   rstainer@radcothouse.co.uk

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 13:34:35 »
here we go again...

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 14:23:41 »
Dear Mark Chafford,

The Club is entirely democratic. Join the Club, participate in the election of the Council and maybe put youself forward.

I also suggest buying an AC: you'll be much rewarded.

Robin Stainer

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 14:37:00 »
PS: As a further illustration of our democratic structure, we welcome members to our monthly Council meetings and always let them present their ideas.

£40 a year gives you not only the opportunity to turn your ideas into practical action, but also the monthly ACtion magazine, access to our Registers and Library (both a must for anyone keen on the marque) and a wealth of technical advice concerning any AC model you might be considering or, hopefully, aquire.

RS

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 15:02:41 »
can we please refrain from this demagoguery on the Forum? The forum is open to members and non members and is not subject to censorship, other than for vile language maybe. I enjoyed reading Mark's thread, until the lecturing. In case you were unaware, you complained of this thread involving non AC cars, however the other thread you found quite interesting and you added your historical notes to, started with AC Bill, who is building a Factory Five Cobra replica... The thread is open to owners and non owners. Please respect that and keep everyone feeling welcomed.

Gus

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 14:23:11 »
Gus,

The CONTENT of a post and the AUTHOR of a post are very different matters. My simple suggestion is that CONTENT be relevant to the Club's purpose.

AC Bill's post concerned AC and Shelby colours, a technical issue absolutely relevant to the Club's purpose, and spawned a fascinating string.

RS