Author Topic: Help identifying Ace Bristol from ClubCobra  (Read 3478 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Help identifying Ace Bristol from ClubCobra
« on: April 14, 2012, 14:40:57 »
I came across this thread on ClubCobra, posted by Marty R from California.
    Quote:
   "I have acquired my Dad's 1957 AC Bristol. My dad bought the car in the early 70's. He tore the car down to restore, so all the parts are in boxes. The motor/trans were sold in the early 80's and put into a drag boat. The motor was actually a built Ford 260. I have pulled the car out from his storage unit and is currently at my house. I am having a hard time locating any identification numbers (VIN) on the car. We do not have the title to the car because his briefcase (with the title) was stolen years ago. The car has been out of DMV's records since the 70's because he did not update information with them. I do not know where to start by putting the car in my name, nor do I want to devalue the car in any way. Looking at the tires and the slight damage to the driver front fender and door, I almost think this car had track time. But it still has the 6 number (blue) CA license plate on it. Any feedback is much appreciated."

What do you reckon, Chaps, can we be of any assistance?

jrlucke

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 18:32:35 »
Shouldn't the ID# be stamped on the hinges (hood, doors, trunk) and motor mounts (if the original mounts are still exist) and frame rails?

John

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 18:42:42 »
Marty contacted the club via the enquiry form and I have forwarded his message to Tony Bancroft.

Bryan

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:17:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by MartyR23 on ClubCobra: Thank you to all in the forum who helped me identify this car...... With Jay's pictures, I realized I had to get through the layers of paint to find the numbers. I have since contacted Tony, who redirected me to Tim. I am now registered with the ACOC. Thank you.....

But what are the numbers?! Great stuff, I`m looking forward to following this one`s progress. [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 21:14:35 »
We have NEWS!!!
quote:
Originally posted by MartyR23 on ClubCobra: Nik, My car is known as AEX126, and Tim has registered my car with the ACOC. Very interesting to know the documented history from the factory. I will post pictures someday when I start focusing my attention back to the car. Too many honey-do projects at this time....... for those that understand....... lol.

SO... Actually a 1956 AC-engined Ace to start with. Fantastic job helping Marty to identify his car, another long-lost AC brought back into the fold! [8D]

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 15:03:04 »
Ben,

Away for a while, just seen the post. Another one found, which is excellent. I love the reach of cars history. My latest Aceca 1956 has started its restore. Body is good, chassis has nearly been restored. Trying to find the history on this car now. Marty, good luck. Every piece of information you find will make you smile!