Author Topic: Windscreen Washers CF64  (Read 5869 times)

Englishman

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« on: August 06, 2009, 02:59:01 »
This is THE never ending story, just when you think I have it all something else turns up missing. In this case the windscreen washer nozzles and suface fixing plates, with Andy's help we located and bought the washer bottle.

The nozzles however are proving to be a problem.

Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 17:14:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Englishman

This is THE never ending story, just when you think I have it all something else turns up missing. In this case the windscreen washer nozzles and suface fixing plates, with Andy's help we located and bought the washer bottle.

Peter

Peter

Not 1005 sure of correct windscreen washer nozzles were fitted to your AC,  suggest you check out   www.europaspares.com

page 112 of their price list / catalogue

single jet (Chrome) 6mm thread length   (SWJC)    £4.64 plus vat
   Double Jet (Chrome) 9mm Thread length   (DWJC)    £7.39 plus vat

They also do a double jet plastic 10mm            £3.01 plus vat

Tel number   0044 (0)  1283 814976

They do "Export Mail Order"  .......  Hopefully these are correct or suitable.

Please note prices are from 2006 price list.

Keith

Englishman

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:46 »
Keith,

Thank you for the guidance, the nozzle itself is not too much of a problem however the chrome fixing plate that sits on the valance into which the nozzles fit that seems to be the problem.

I will get onto eurospares and see if they can point us in the right direction.

Thanks again

Peter

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:34:51 »
quote:

Keith,

Thank you for the guidance, the nozzle itself is not too much of a problem however the chrome fixing plate that sits on the valance into which the nozzles fit that seems to be the problem.

I will get onto eurospares and see if they can point us in the right direction.

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Please note I refer to EUROPASPARES.COM

not EUROSPARES   Easy mistake

Save you wasting time and effort.

Also worth checking:-      www.completeautomobilist.com

reference  214D  double windscreen wash jet,  chrome 7.5mm panel hole

page 41 in Catalogue issue 24 dated  2007.

Might also find under the trade name of    Paul Beck   Vintage Supplies.

Keith

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 19:08:31 »
quote:

Peter

Peter

Received emails from both you and   Emmanueld along with a series of photos.

I now know what you are looking for,  Very upmarket compared with the usual windscreen washer jet units on every day mundane cars. Fully adjustable Eyeball type jet set in a Chrome oval base plate secured to the scuttle by two chrome dome headed screws.

More chance of sourcing New,  New Old Stock or second hand units in the UK than Down Under.

Will keep you posted via email and hopefully locate some units for you and other 428 owners.

watch this space.

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 19:34:15 »
Peter /  Emmanueld

Found  supply of New Old Stock  "windscreen washer jets",  emailed details to you both, not sure how many units available or price but definetely the correct ones and brand new.

Keith

A-Snake

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 00:18:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Peter /  Emmanueld

Found  supply of New Old Stock  "windscreen washer jets",  emailed details to you both, not sure how many units available or price but definetely the correct ones and brand new.

Keith

Do they look like this?

If so I would be interested

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 01:30:39 »
The picture you posted shows very accurately the Washer Jet and base as fitted to AC Aces/ Acecas, Early Cobras and 428s  not 427s.  They are the same as the few I have located and offered to Peter. Not sure how many are available.

They were made by Trico,I'm trying to establish confirmation of part number,  Reliably informed, that these  units were fitted to  Jenson CV8  and Jenson 541.  Gordon Keeble,  Daimler Dart SP250 and some Riley RM Series

Does any one have access to a old Trico trade book for confirming part number and accurately listing other more common cars these were fitted to, as I believe they are no longer manufactured.

Keith

A-Snake

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 01:56:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

The picture you posted shows very accurately the Washer Jet and base as fitted to AC Aces/ Acecas, Early Cobras and 428s  not 427s.  They are the same as the few I have located and offered to Peter. Not sure how many are available.

They were made by Trico,I'm trying to establish confirmation of part number,  Reliably informed, that these  units were fitted to  Jenson CV8  and Jenson 541.  Gordon Keeble,  Daimler Dart SP250 and some Riley RM Series

Does any one have access to a old Trico trade book for confirming part number and accurately listing other more common cars these were fitted to, as I believe they are no longer manufactured.

Keith

I believe these were also used on 1959 Aston Martin DB Mark III's

This same screenjet was also produced with two orifices. Be sure to confirm that you want the single orifice version.

Do you think these were produced by Trico for Lucas?

When you say 428's, you are not referring to the series of Cobras that received 428's, correct? I believe all MKIII Cobras used a different nozzle.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 13:54:37 »
These style washer jets ( TRICO)  were fitted to all Aces/ Acecas and 260/289 Cobras &  428 Frua, I was informed that that 427 Cobras and later Cobras had different style units fitted.

Not sure when transition took place, on the Ace and Aceca they were optional, on Cobras Mk1 & 11 I believe they were standard fitting with electronic washer system.

Maybe some one with more knowledge can elaborate.

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 13:24:19 »
Peter

Good News  for all you  "MK1 & MK11 Cobra & Frua"  Owners.

The Daimler SP250 is fitted with I beleive the same Washer Jets,  Yes, they are still available.

Check out the following .. ..(Scroll down for ages, but Windscreen Washer section is there, honest)

http://www.bryanpurves.co.uk/Dart.html#NP

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 21:19:50 »
As I havent seen the units marketed by Bryan Purves, I have  emailed Bryan requesting confirmation as to whether these are direct identical replacements, ver close copy or a copy of period alternative,

Hopefully they are  a exact copy of the  Period Trico  twin jet washer system used by AC.

Will keep you posted with his reply.

Keith

Englishman

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:08:17 »
For those of you who have been riveted to this thread I am happy to report that I now have a pair of new old stock washher nozzles complete with rubber backing and stainless screws.

These were supplied by Dave Sanderson ex UK, a gentleman to deal with as he sent them without security of payment, I have of course settled with him.

Many thanks to those of you who helped in this exercise.

Cheers

Peter

Damien

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 13:57:17 »
I would also be interested to buy a pair.  can somebody tell me how to joign Dave Sanderson ?

Kind regards,

Damien

Englishman

• View Profile
Windscreen Washers CF64
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 02:36:08 »
Damien,

Sent you an e-mail with contact details, good luck.

Peter