Author Topic: Update on Aceca  (Read 3029 times)

hawk289

• View Profile
Update on Aceca
« on: May 19, 2007, 15:56:50 »
The car is nearly complete, it will be off next week to get the interior done, once back a custom exhaust system will be fitted. I have attached some pictures, tyres/wheels will be returned to original. Glass, etc. will be fitted last. Also the engine is now complete and fitted with the Reece Fish carbs. Inner wheel arch on each side will be fitted once exhaust is complete.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Update on Aceca
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 18:46:12 »
john,

The car looks stunning. I'm about at the same level of finish, although the engine is not in yet. Hopefully get some updates on the web soon. What engine is that? A Zephyr? I'm sure you're getting excited about getting it out on the road. Looks great!!

Gus

hawk289

• View Profile
Update on Aceca
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 20:34:57 »
Yep, this is a ported Zephyr engine, we recon will push around 160-170BHP. The carbs may let it down on power, but they are so different who cares!. Car is off to get interior re-done, back to original specification. If anyone is interested, I know a man who can now get convertors to allow remote oil cooler, etc. Also I have got my man (Fintan) to put a larger fan into the car. The car will be complete ready for Silverstone Classic.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Update on Aceca
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 13:18:33 »
Car looks great, hope to see it(and you)at the Silverstone Classic.
   John.

michelin x

• View Profile
Update on Aceca
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 22:50:00 »
Hello John
   Car looks good, just wondering if the colour is Princess Blue?
   This was the original colour of my Aceca.
   Best Regards
   Geoff (Michelin x)

hawk289

• View Profile
Update on Aceca
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 23:34:45 »
Correct, that is the colour, we found one panel. The car is very close to being complete. Windscreen this week, will post some new pictures next week when completed.

John.