Author Topic: Goodwood track dates.  (Read 4757 times)

shep

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:52:14 »
Hi All.

I received the following via John Davieson from Goodwood. If we can get 20 bods to join in, we could have a full all singing all dancing Goodwood trackday for £150 (inc VAT) a head!!!! Who else is game on? I'd guess that must be about an hour+ on track if you take up all your sessions. Very interesting!

Hello Andy,

I think it is extremely unlikely at this late date that we would want to take this up, especially with our Sprint on 7 November, but forwarded for your information on rates that are available late on.

Regards

John
   ----Original message----
   Date : 22/10/2015 - 09:28 (GMTDT)
   To : john.davison517@btinternet.com, mark@avernichproperty.co.uk
   Subject : GOODWOOD MOTOR CIRCUIT - LIMITED OFFER TO SELECTED CAR CLUBS ON TRACK HIRE

#65279;
   Good Morning

I am writing to let you know that the AC Owners Club have been carefully selected to take up the option of hiring the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit at a much reduced rate on the following available 2015 dates:

24th November
   1st December
   26th November
   8th December
   27th November
   11th December
   15th December
   16th December
   17th December

The usual cost to hire the track is in the region of £4,500 plus VAT however, for the above ‘out of season’ dates only, we can let your Club have the track at the very special price of £2,500 plus VAT. Included in the price is:

·         Exclusive track hire
   ·         Amrco Insurance (Public liability insurance)
   ·         Chief Instructor available throughout the day
   ·         Safety Team provided
   ·         Duty Track Steward
   ·         Lower floor of Jackie Stewart Pavilion
   ·         Crash helmets available to hire @ £10 per helmet
   ·         NAAFI Wagon or Old Control Tower café outlets available all day
   ·         Circuit Times:  09:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00
   *** Please note that the track days are subject to a maximum of 98db noise level restriction***

Further information about the Motor Circuit is available via the following link

https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/motor-circuit-hire/motor-circuit-hire.aspx#8PeHauFoPtmXxm9u.97

or please, call Sandra May on 01243 755073 for any further booking details.

Kind regards

Kim

Nev

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:18:48 »
Interesting, I can probably be spontaneous, although the lower limit for decibels might be an issue.....

shep

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 15:19:21 »
I have 3 Berrisfords interested and possibly "Spontaneous Nev" above. I would like to be there, so we need another 15 volunteers to join us at approx £150 a head. 98dB is OK for most modern road cars, but my Ace or Mk IV wouldn't be able to run. 24, 26 and 27th Nov are possible dates. Is there any more interest out there to sneak in some practice at Goodwood at half the going rate? Depending on demand, I am happy to sit in with anyone who would like the benefit of my years of experience. Please reply if you would like to make this trackday happen! Andy.

DGoose

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 19:54:03 »
Hi Andy,

Of the dates you suggest I could do the 27th.

I'm pretty sure the modern Ace would sit below the 98db limit, if not it may be rather fun to do this in the daily driver.

David

bobbylangley

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 22:59:38 »
I'd be happy to pay for Toby for the benefit of your expertise to teach him how to go round corners!

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 23:15:49 »
hi Andy,
   do car's have to be roadregistered for the trackday and MOTed?
   cheers
   Constant

shep

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 13:32:49 »
Hi Constant, No I believe any car can take part without being road registered or MOT'd. The problem will always be the noise level as 98dB is quiet by any standards, and Goodwood are monitored every second of the day, so cannot stretch the rules. Bob, the same goes for you if you planned to bring your Cobra. Modern road cars should be OK. Andy

That could make 8 interested parties, so just another 12 to make a quorum! Any more volunteers?

David S

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 10:16:57 »
Hi Shep, would like to do track day just not this year - should have car back in December sometime.
   Thoughts on doing a track day in 2016?

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 11:33:08 »
My 3000ME recorded 99 dB on Saturday and is not particularly loud.

DGoose

• View Profile
Goodwood track dates.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 14:48:00 »
Hi Bryan,

On the topic of noise, Some interesting data from Goodwood

https://www.goodwood.com/downloads/motorsport/noise-abatement/daily-noise-report-7th-november-2015.pdf

I'm pretty sure the drive by limit for the sprint should be 101db but as you can see a good few runs exceeded this by some margin.

I guess a very wet track and plenty of standing water would contribute significantly to the db level but the likelyhood of any AC being permitted to run at a 98db track day must be very slim.