Author Topic: Bits and Pieces  (Read 12030 times)

Englishman

• View Profile
Bits and Pieces
« on: October 12, 2006, 04:55:16 »
This again is ref my AC 428, now getting down to the nuts and bolts, this car has been played with during its life and I need to give it a bit of TLC. Along those lines I need a wiring diagram, a photo of a Frua engine bay or photos, and more particularly the mounting detail and position of the radiator.

Amazingly the car does not show any evidence of being pranged but it has been messed with i.e. wires cut, lamps added, fans mounted onto the radiator which does not appear to be the original.

The radiator is not a problem as I will instal a new aluminium seven core one with blowers as it does get warm down here, but I would like to mount it as near as possible to the original position and mount detail.

A workshop manual would also be helpful.

Any Help will be gratefully received.

Peter

david langford

• View Profile
Bits and Pieces
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 20:59:43 »
Hand books are available from Brian Gilbart-Smith,The Coach House,Waltham St Lawrence,RG10 OHE,and they have a wiring diagram, although I don't pretend to understand it.They're priced at £15.00 but that includes p&p and guessing it does'nt include to Oz.  If you need to see pictures of engine bay go to the Pietro Frua website and theres lots of pictures.  If you click on one it will bring up loads more.  There are plenty of engine bays on these.  Concerning any measurements you need for radiator mountings e-mail me what you need and i can measure it from my car.

Dave

Englishman

• View Profile
Bits and Pieces
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 07:15:12 »
Dave,

Thank you for the information, I will vist Pietro forthwith and then send for the hand book.

Will let you know if I need any measurements.

Again Thank you.

Peter

Englishman

• View Profile
Bits and Pieces
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 07:38:32 »
Dave,
   I am kinda dumb, I punched in Pietro on the webb and got his biography and then tried many variations thereafter, would you be kind enough to forward a web address to enable me to access the photographs.
   I am a bit of a computer troglodite so it is not surprising I get lost and confused.

Peter

david langford

• View Profile
Bits and Pieces
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 08:30:09 »
Peter,
   Know what you mean,if you type ac 428 frua on Google it should be top of the list.Failing that this is the address I have;www.pietro-frua.de/1965ac.htm.
          Best of luck Dave

Englishman

• View Profile
Bits and Pieces
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 07:37:20 »
Got it, there sure are a lot of engine bays.
   Site address is info@pietro-frua.de.; I may now have to choose a new colour, mine is currently pale metallic blue however having seen a few red ones I think the colour red suits the car.

Thanks a bunch

Peter