Author Topic: Surrey meet & Christmas lunch  (Read 12022 times)

Ian Rogers

• View Profile
Surrey meet & Christmas lunch
« on: November 17, 2008, 17:31:25 »
Good to see those that could make it at The Parrot, Forest Green yesterday. A very handy venue for me as I live so close I did not get out of 3rd gear. I have spoken with the owner - Linda - and she will be delighted to welcome us in the future and have The Parrot as the official meeting point for the Surrey Chapter of the ACOC.
   Those gathered decided that a Christmas lunch would be a good idea and so in the normal organised way we will have Xmas lunch in January. The suggested date is the 18th but I am just awaiting confirmation from Linda that a suitable room can be made available. An idea on numbers would help so anyone interested in this provisional date please advise via this forum

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 19:26:46 »
Ian

Congratulations on volunteering to organise this years ACOC (Surrey Group) Christmas Dinner, in the years old tradition of 3rd Sunday in January.

Have Ace will travel ...   ...  Julie & I Will be there.
   Please reserve seating for two, preferrably in doors. At the Last big ACOC Dinner we experienced the whole Barvarian Monthly rainfall during one sitting the first two courses. Never did see the sweet trolley.

Seriously book Julie & I in to start the list.

Keith

Ian Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 19:35:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Rogers

Good to see those that could make it at The Parrot, Forest Green yesterday. A very handy venue for me as I live so close I did not get out of 3rd gear. I have spoken with the owner - Linda - and she will be delighted to welcome us in the future and have The Parrot as the official meeting point for the Surrey Chapter of the ACOC.
   Those gathered decided that a Christmas lunch would be a good idea and so in the normal organised way we will have Xmas lunch in January. The suggested date is the 18th but I am just awaiting confirmation from Linda that a suitable room can be made available. An idea on numbers would help so anyone interested in this provisional date please advise via this forum

Ian Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 19:42:33 »
I have just heard that on the 18th Jan we could only have the smaller room, which will only take 20 head. So on the basis that we will be number 20 to 40. I have made the date 25th Jan. OK it is not the 3rd Sunday but if we wait for this we are likely to end up celebrating Easter. So names please ASAP. The first 40 get the banana.

quote:

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 21:04:14 »
Ian, good chatting with you on Sunday.  Please add Jane and myself to the list.

Cheers
   Bruce

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 23:42:02 »
quote:

I have just heard that on the 18th Jan we could only have the smaller room, which will only take 20 head. So on the basis that we will be number 20 to 40. I have made the date 25th Jan. OK it is not the 3rd Sunday but if we wait for this we are likely to end up celebrating Easter. So names please ASAP. The first 40 get the banana.

quote:

Ian

Looks like Julie & I have tripped over the Bannana,  we can either eat on our own (dress rehersal)or join (ACOC)Rent-a-Crowd on the 4th Sunday 25th of Jan 2009.

Decision made, We will tow the line and join the party.

Keith

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:09:47 »
Hi Ian,
   Good to see you on Sunday, I will check with the "Rev limiter" but I'm sure we'll be fine for the 25th Jan.
   ATB - John.

1936ACE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 22:25:04 »
Thanks Ian.  Haven't been able to get down to the Parrot yet but please add Marion and me to the list for the 25th.  Regards, Mike