Author Topic: Restored 428 Frua Pictures!  (Read 11111 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Restored 428 Frua Pictures!
« on: February 24, 2008, 20:12:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

AC 428 Article - Extract from Classic & Sports Car. Feb/ March 2008.
   Pages 134 & 135

Have a chat with Hurst Park then....

With grateful acknowledgements.

In this latest article about the Frua, it is suggested that most remaining cars (and probably rightly so) are quite rusted. Since a lot of people are currently restoring their cars, I suggest that we post lots of photos of our cars after they have been restored. This should help greatly in boosting further interest to this very fine automobile. Jeffrey, maybe you could start since your car is original and unmolested!

Emmanuel[:)]

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:45:21 »
It certainly appears that my car has escaped alteration by corrosion, accidents or intentional modification. It differs in some respects to yours, Emmanuel, as we discovered in side-by-side comparison. Your car has improved routing of the fresh air ducts, which I would like to adopt.
   CFX29 seems to have been shipped to Canada (?) originally, and then entered the U.S.A. as a 1970 Ford. It benefited from life in a dry climate, and shows virtually no rust. So it is a good example of the state of build at the time it left the factory in August 1969 (I believe that's the date Andy Shepherd found in his archive).
   If photos of my car would be of help to others, I'd be glad to share them.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:48:21 »
quote:

If photos of my car would be of help to others, I'd be glad to share them.

Very much like to see them thanks ! I can also include them in my old 428 Register which I'll still be keeping up to date anyway.

Paul [:)]