Author Topic: Vintage AC parts available  (Read 2027 times)

Old Crock

• View Profile
Vintage AC parts available
« on: December 18, 2017, 22:00:00 »
It is most unusual, a rare event, to be offred parts for 1920's AC cars:

(1) An advert in this month's 'The Automobile' offers AC Royal 12hp mechanical parts, mainly engine parts for the Anzani including carburettor. Contact is rileyrme1@gmaail.com or tel 07732 316082

(2) A 1926 vintage AC Six (ch. no. 13592) was dismantled more than seven years ago. Some parts have remained with the owner's family, and appear unfortunately to be heading to the rubbish skip, whilst other parts have since been dispersed. A major selection of the spares are now with Rod Briggs who is offering them for sale. A list has been produced containing, for example, front axle beam, many brake parts (including drums, shoes, rods), stub axles, steering box, wood dasboard fascia, halfshafts and hubs, headlamps, sidelights and more. The complete 1920's catspaw engine will be sold as a unit. Anyone interested (or desperate for a part) can contact Rod direct on 01458 273476.

I hope the availability of these parts may get, or keep, a few of our vintage cars out on the road!

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Vintage AC parts available
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:06:32 »
Perhaps any that are surplus to Rods storage could be purchased by the Club for future generations? Some of these spares are extremely difficult to find.
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.