Author Topic: When & how is best to sell a MKIV?  (Read 3436 times)

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
When & how is best to sell a MKIV?
« on: September 02, 2008, 21:29:30 »
Hello all,
      At some point in the next 6 mos, I am going to have to reluctantly sell my beloved MKIV, is spring the best time ?  I would like to avoid eBay, but any other succesful methods?  I want to find  someone that knows what they are getting, plus with the extra's and so forth with my car (2 engines), all original documentation and handwritten and type communication with Brian Angliss, I want this to go smooth.

Any advice appreciated.

Jan

henryr

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 23:19:03 »
email me.  mrhenry123@gmail.com

could be interested.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:26 »
Hehehe... Job done!

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 17:06:49 »
some info on my car:

- 1988 MKIV, Porsche Guards Red, tan interior
   - 14,800 original miles (13,500 California miles)
   - 2 Engines, original is in a crate with 200 miles on it
   - Current engine is a Roush injected small block, well over 300hp, set up with Ford custom racing computer from Ford, original is crated and orignal computer is included.

This car was ordered by an older gentlemen and spent it's live in California in a car collection, where his wife mostly drove the car as evidenced by blocks put on the pedals so she could reach them !! The owner essentially spent major money to have this car built to his custom specs and had Ford, AC and the dealer, Frontier Motors of Oklahoma, do everthing in their power to have this car done right. He had AC in England install brass spinners and hence had custom rear wheels machined BY AC to accept spinners, I have the extra set of rear rims and all 4 knock off nuts.  It also has 2 tonneau covers (AC replaced one as the original owner said it stained) and have the tonneau bag, softtop, orginal pedals, aluminum pedals, all hardware, spare tire, knockoff hammer, etc.. as well as all documentation from AC about the custom wheels, parts, etc.

The radio plate is signed by Carrol Shelby as well.

Other touches were the original cobra visors, wood AC shift knob from the Brooklands factory store and low original style rear view mirror, I also have the orignal visors.  AC also designed a oxegen pump delete system for the car, so the new engine is running for REAL performance, I have AC of England's design sheet Ihand drawan in poencil !!)  for this as well.

The car also had stainless brake lines and exhaust (no cats) as well as an extra set of custom made black sidepipes (not currently on car) but are included.  I have a huge folder of all correspondence with Brian Angliss including Christmas cards, notes, original window sticker, etc.

The ONLY reason I am selling the car is I am in CT and have a 4 year old and need to start thinning my collection, as I only get to drive it 3 mos a year, it kills me, but is the right thing to do.  The car has a few minor flaws, nothing serious (slight oil leak from rear seal I think), couple of guage bulbs out and the original owner had a custom 427 style crafted front bottom windscoop molded into the car in fiberglass, the original owner curbed it and it is a scratched, and slightly off kilter.  The interior as normal patina, wood steering wheel Tudor gauges, Smith's clock.  This car was DRIVEN as they are meant to be, it runs super strong and is truly a beauty.  The paint (done by Gordon of AC) is stunning.

In the spring I was going to ask, 78k, through Hemming's, etc, but I figure in anyone is looking right now, they can contact me at: jjjuconn92@yahoo.com, then I'll send my cell phone.  I am more than happy to assist in shipping, even back to it's homeland of the UK and of course the original engine and parts I would assist in shipping as well.

I'll post again in the spring, but if anyone knows anyone that wants an honest, no stories, fast and beautiful AC, send them my info.

Best Regards,

Jan

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 20:41:10 »
If I only have the money ...

But my wife would kill me [:)]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 16:42:14 »