Author Topic: Aceca front suspension  (Read 763 times)

MLeitao

• View Profile
Aceca front suspension
« on: June 22, 2023, 06:20:12 »
Hi,
Is there a drawing or diagram of the Ace or Aceca front suspension parts?
I’m also looking for a good picture of the front upright’s, so I can check if mine’s are correctly sided.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Manuel

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
Re: Aceca front suspension
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 11:04:03 »
Drawing curtesy of Brian Eacott.
I am planning to have the leafsprings re-cambered hot.
Eddie

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Re: Aceca front suspension
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 14:24:32 »
Manuel,
You will know if you have the uprights reversed side to side because your Aceca will also be going from side to side - of the road that is.
To be more helpful if you hold the upright vertical with the king pin towards you then the king pin lower end should be angled forwards in the direction of forward travel. If you have a correct pair then this configuration will only be correct if you have the upright on the correct side.
Be aware that it has been known for cars to have gained a mixture of uprights over the years - a pair of one side or the other. There is also the existence of two variants of the upright - one with 3° caster angle and one with 5° caster angle. Sometimes there is a 3 or a 5 stamped on the upright, but not always. However with a suitable piece of pipe or rod, with a similar diameter to the king pin, fitted in the upright, the different angles are immediately apparent.
It is some years now since I fitted the uprights to CSX 2033 the wrong side round and my family will never let me forget it, moreover I shall never forget the driving experience. The reactions certainly got sharpened up.......
Barrie