Author Topic: Wishbone pins greasing  (Read 616 times)

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
Wishbone pins greasing
« on: April 09, 2023, 00:33:33 »
Hello!
The books indicates that the wishbone pins should be lubricated as well on the in-board side.

But inboard i belive there are only the rubber bushings, correct? and no lubrication needed.

I can not see any lubrication nipple on any of the 8 inboard wishbone pins.

may be other years used to have it? the car is 1959.

Thanks!
Eddie

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Re: Wishbone pins greasing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 09:54:03 »
Eddie,
I think the quite early Aceca had brass bushing and thus pins for lubrication. The later had the rubber bushing and no need for greasing. But the pictures you posted show that your rubbers are dead. You habe to replace them. This can be a quite complicated job of the bolts are rusted.
Peter

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
Re: Wishbone pins greasing
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 09:09:25 »
Thank you Peter!
This explain, it looks like (i have noticed as well for other matters) that the manual has not been updated in line with production specifications.

Yes, the rubber bushings are gone! i am in touch with Brian Eacott to get the full set. including for the differential housing. I will need to check the leaf springs brass bushings too.
it is a job i plan to tackle when i will take apart the leafsprings to be recambered and the shocks to be rebuilt.

Now i just need to move the car to get the technical inspection done to get it road registered. I dont want to move it before to lubricate all i can lubricate. I dont know when it was done before.