Author Topic: possible buying an ACE-a little help please?  (Read 2989 times)

philt68

• View Profile
possible buying an ACE-a little help please?
« on: March 16, 2012, 23:54:01 »
hello all-

i've tracked down an ace, and i was wondering if anyone might be able to give me some history on the car-it looks in fantastic shape from the photos, and apparently drives very nicely-the only problem i can see is that it doesn't have it's original engine-it was swapped for a bristol engine at some point (which is good and bad)

here are some details, and pics..

any help would be hugely appreciated!

thanks very much

phil

Make AC
   Model Roadster
   Chassis No. AE1016
   Original Engine No. CLB 2392
   Current Engine No. 100D2 1079
   Completion Date February 28th, 1959
   Original UK Registration "605 UMH"

philt68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 23:59:58 »
oops..i can't seem to figure out how to post images...

here's a bit more info-

This AC Roadster was originally ordered and invoiced as a standard "UK Market" AC Ace with high-compression (8.0:1) 2.0-liter ACE engine, No. CLB-2392.  It retained this engine for many years until being converted with a late specification Bristol engine, No. 100D2 1079.

Chassis AE1016 was ordered new by European Cars Company Ltd of London.  It was ordered new and shipped from the AC Factory in Thames Ditton on February 28th, 1959.  The original exterior color was "Bright Blue Metaline" and it was fitted and still retains a red full leather interior.  The original hood and tonneau cover were both black and remain this way today.

The European Cars Company Ltd, sold the car new to the Davies Car Centre Ltd at 22-34 Horn Lane, Acton, London W3. They in turn sold it to the first private owner, Mr. K.L. Bowers, who also resided in Acton, London.  The car was issued and remained for most of its life on UK registration plates "605 UMH".

The car was carefully preserved and well cared for throughout its life which has seen it travel to the four corners of the world including a long-stint in a private Japanese Museum Collection for nearly 20 years

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:30:53 »
Phil, Tim Isles is the AC engined Ace registrar and frequents the forum and will probably have any known history on the car. As for the Bristol conversion, I would think that would add value, but others may think differently.

Edit In case you have not seen this, here is a link to some pics

http://acaceca.de.tl/AE-1016-605-UMH.htm

Jay

3.8Jaguar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:44 »
I Think that this is a car previously owned by Yoahitaka Nishimura in Japan, though I do get a little confused as he has had 3 that I know of.
   If it is we have been supplying parts and services for this car over a number of years.

www.bristolengineering.co.uk