Author Topic: Buckland  (Read 11740 times)

scud

• View Profile
Buckland
« on: November 26, 2008, 18:28:59 »
Hi,

I have owned LYD 512 for 20 years now, and as school fees, divorces and mortgages disappear into the dim and distant, it's time to spend some money on me!!

She is basically original, though there is a discrepancy with engine number according to the 2 litre book...I suspect book keeping error at some time. She gets thrashed to my local pub a few times every 5 years, then back into the container.

The body has 2 small dents, minor paint removal through age, corrosion and the elements. Rad is recored, water pump rebuilt, stainless exhaust to fit, and leaking carbs. Wiring probably needs renewing throughout. Chassis is solid but rusty. Brakes work of a fasion. Leather and interior seen better days.

Any useful contacts for advice on whats worth doing and whats not gratefully received. I am not a Concours man, and don't particually want to sell, but I also don't want to spend unwisely.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Scud.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Buckland
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 20:38:36 »
The best web site for you is ' www.ac2litre.com 'it covers the 2-litre cars very well & i am sure you will obtain all the information you require.
   Robin

scud

• View Profile
Buckland
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 18:02:24 »
Thanks Robin.

scud

• View Profile
Buckland
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 14:16:31 »
My car has an old inspection/lead lamp clipped to the bulkhead..is this standard or a later addition?

Scud