Author Topic: ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!  (Read 2695 times)

gblue

• View Profile
ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!
« on: January 01, 2007, 02:55:18 »
Aloha......deep in the dark corner of the trunk I found what I believe to be a factory sample of the black leather in my car....wonders never cease...Gregg Blue....Happy New year to all......just got back from a 50 mile beach cruise.

SB7019

• View Profile
ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:15:46 »
I have a similar piece of leather with mine.  It does not in fact match the interior leather - slightly darker and a different grain.  When I collected the car from the factroy it was used as a wrap around the hood rail pieces where they split in the middle.  This is to avoid the relatively sharp ends of the rail from damaging the hood material.

gblue

• View Profile
ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 17:05:10 »
thanks for the info....I'll have a closer look at the grain and color....what a blast I have driving thae Mark IV!!!!!

jbottini

• View Profile
ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 17:11:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by gblue

thanks for the info....I'll have a closer look at the grain and color....what a blast I have driving thae Mark IV!!!!!

Greg, Thought you left for NZ?  You should have a blast..you live in HI for Gods sake. Jim

gblue

• View Profile
ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 20:38:27 »
Aloha Jim..just about outahere....even people from Hawaii go on vacation sometimes.......I'll get back to you in late Feb.....Gregg