Author Topic: Hood locks  (Read 3187 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Hood locks
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:12:54 »
Does anyone know if the original style locks for the early aces/acecas with the separate key are available in the aftermarket or does anyone have these for sale?

Thanks,

Gus

Aceca289

• View Profile
Hood locks
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:39:42 »
Gus
   I assume you are talking about the chrome caps…one of my hood lock caps was broken and I purchased a pair (so that they would match) from Ron Leonard.  He has reproductions of the “T” handle key available also...and he lists the hood latch in his parts list but some of his parts are "no longer available". Worth checking. You will have to reach him by phone (970-259-0108) since he is old school…not hooked up to the web.

John

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Hood locks
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:05:52 »
Gus
   These are available in UK from two sources
   ' www.vintagesupplies.com '  & 'www.woolies-trim.co.uk '

Both carry a great number of parts for these cars including locks etc.
   Robin

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Hood locks
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 14:48:09 »
Excellent,

Thank you gentlemen!

Gus

Bernie

• View Profile
Hood locks
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 22:21:02 »
Gus, Those chrome hood locks are the same as used on the spare tire door on the back of a TR2,TR3, TR3A etc. Buy from Moss or Victoria British,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bernie

PS. You missed "The Battle of the Brits" car show last Sunday at St Marys' college in Orchard Lake. Over 400 British cars and 300 motorcycles, plus vendors and food. Three ACE Bristols were there, mine, Paul Norocky, and Jeremy Goddard's. Go next year, you wont be disappointed.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Hood locks
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:18:45 »
Hi Bernie,

Thanks for the info. I will have to put the Battle on my agenda for next year. Is there a website with info?

Gus