Author Topic: Ace Nose pieces wanted  (Read 3244 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« on: March 14, 2009, 20:05:26 »
I am getting ready to dig into 1078 and am looking for some nose pieces. Does anyone have (or know of) a aluminum nose piece, with mustache that is available? 1078 has a very crude Cobra/2.6 nose and I would like to return it to its original configuration. Any condition would be considered as I have nothing to go from, and a beat up one could provide a template.
   I also need a core support/bumper framework ass'y. I do have one of these to use as a template (very beat up and cut up for use with the Cobra/2.6 nose) but thought I would check to see if anyone has a spare one around that might provide a better starting point.
   Thanks,
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 01:12:01 »
Jay

Not sure where you are in the USA,  But the following club members could be of help with a Nose Job ... Seriously try the following:-

Ron Mulacek         IL60525
   Pete Bowman         VA24503
   Jerry Lynch         CO80303
   Ron Leonard         CO81301
   Tim Innes           AZ85255
   Jim Feldman         OR97225
   Terry Tusher        Hawaii 96822
   Charles Crail       CA93103
   Scott richard       ohio 45365

Are any of these within  a couple of hours drive ??

Good luck

Keith

aex125

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 03:18:56 »
Do you think any of them would notice if I showed up at their houses with a Sawzall in hand?[}:)] Unfortunately, now you have tipped them off that I am looking, so using Midnight Auto Supply may not be very easy.
   Seriously, thanks for the leads, I was planning on trying Ron and Jim next week but thought I would start here first as I know there are at least 3 unattached noses floating around somewhere. I did not think about Charles Crail and he is in the same town as me so I'll try him next week also.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 03:37:18 »
Jay

I think Ron Mulacek could well have a spare nose, He still has three Aces and one Aceca, but almost certain has the odd spare front end, rear end and major components from wrecked Aces broken up and used for spares in years gone by. (When Aces were just old worn out unwanted, outdated sports cars.........  With hindsight !)

If Charles Can't help and you want to refurb an origonal nose give Ron a Call, I can email you his details if required.

Keith

aex125

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 03:13:17 »
Keith,
   I would like to take you up on your offer, so please forward Ron's contact info.
   Thanks,
   Jay

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 14:22:31 »
Have spoken to Gerry Hawkridge today who said he can supply completly new front nose sections for the original AC Ace & the later tapered nose for the Zepher engined Ace, i also understand he is able to supply all the body sections & complete aluminium bodies for the Ace.
   Contact ' www.hawkcars.co.uk ' (44)1892 750 341 it would be worth a call to Gerry.

Robin

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 22:54:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by aex125

Keith,
   I would like to take you up on your offer, so please forward Ron's contact info.
   Thanks,
   Jay

Jay

Have emailed Ron & Mauracette Mulaceks details.

Keith

aex125

• View Profile
Ace Nose pieces wanted
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 04:01:21 »
Keith,
   E-mail received, thanks for the contact info.
   Robin,
   Thanks for the info on Hawk cars. I'll try this side of the pond first, and then move to them if the sources turn up dry here.
   Thanks,
   Jay