Author Topic: Greyhound Shock absorbers  (Read 2769 times)

Larry

• View Profile
Greyhound Shock absorbers
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:26:32 »
Has anyone information on the shock absorbers fitted to the Greyhound as mine need a general overhaul - and any info on suspension bushes / bearing suppliers would be helpful

Thanks

Larry
   BEX 2579

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 19:35:33 »
Larry

Contact  John Goose the Greyhound Registrar,  he is fully conversant with the Greyhound and can confirm full specification , suppliers of correct New Shockers,  Refurbishment of your existing units and possible improvements.

BEX2579 is not a Chassis number for a greyhound,   Where as  BXF2579 relates to a 1963 greyhound fitted with a Ford 260 unit, originally fitted with Bristol 100D21146. According to 2001 register last registered in USA.    Do you have the old Bristol engine ?

Keith

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 19:41:00 »
Larry

OOOppss ....Just in case you do not have John 's  contact:-

JohnGoose   at  btinternet  dot  com

tel  0044 (0)  1799 523 202
   Essex, England.

Keith

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 20:42:59 »
Thanks Keith

I will follow up with John

The car is currently in New Zealand and sorry no i don't have the original engine it seems the 260 V8 was fitted prior to the 70's - its actually one of the very early 260's running strangely ported heads.

It's a challenging journey stripping down and rebuilding this type of car - trying to locate various bits is only half the battle

Thanks again

Larry

johngoose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:48:55 »
Hello Larry
   I hope you got my reply to your mail, this is just to tidy the thread.
   Nowadays we have options for Greyhound dampers so things are much better than they were.
   1. www.leda.com in Derby 01332 871821 may be able to rebuild the original Armstrong units if the bits needed are available but otherwise can provide their own make replacements- either adjustable or not.
   2.WWW.spax-suspension.co.uk on 01869 244771 also do dampers for the Greyhound. Adjustable with their own springs
   3. www.sportslinesuspension.co.uk near Towcester 01280 702633 if you fancy going with Konis.
   Brian Eacott keeps rubber suspension bushes or you could go plastic with www.polybush.co.uk
   Road spring details including rating are in the  Specification in the Greyhound section of the web site
   Best wishes
   John