Author Topic: Uneven level left side to right  (Read 744 times)

WGSchmid

• View Profile
Uneven level left side to right
« on: December 04, 2022, 13:11:19 »
Good afternoon, used the weekend to bringers cars into winter mood. And realized that BEX 148 is not sitting evenly on the ground. There is a 3 centimeter difference left to right both at the front and at the back. Any suggestions what I should look for? Car had no accident and of course all types same pressure👍. Thanks for any advice. Enjoy your Sunday wilhelm

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
Re: Uneven level left side to right
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 00:21:13 »
Hello,
it is probably due to the leaf springs.
is it lower on the driver side? (were more weight is most of the time?)
A simple visual inspection should help you in confirming this. If you open the bonnet and look at the front leaf spring, you shuld see it pointing more down on the higher side, and remaining closer to the flat positon on the lower side of the car.
Leaf springs can be reshaped and reconditionned, and the car should come back orizontal. The User Manual gives the correct measurement for arching them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 20:43:30 by SpqrEddie »

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 13:41:50 »
It might be worth checking the springs are bolted up well on the centre location of the springs, if that is OK then the advice given seems appropriate & have the springs reconditioned as one of the leaves might be broken & need re tempering, you will need to find a competent cart spring maker to re heat treat  the springs to the correct specification & profile!
Robin 

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 15:22:09 »
Hi ya

If you do have a leaf spring issue I have used http://www.owensprings.co.uk/ in the past on a Landrover and Ford Pop.

Very efficient and know what they are doing.

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.