Author Topic: Aceca hatch back fixing question  (Read 899 times)

kicksey

• View Profile
Aceca hatch back fixing question
« on: October 14, 2022, 15:01:47 »
Hello

AE513 is almost complete, just finishing the interior re-trim.  I would like to know how the arm that holds the hatchback open should be attached to the body of the car?   Mine was with 4 self tapping screws into the aluminium internal wing.  Is this correct?  Feels like it should be nuts&bolts

Regards
Chris

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Re: Aceca hatch back fixing question
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 07:44:30 »
Hi Chris,  my Aceca is still an long way from reassembly so all these bits are still in boxes. From memory (Please don't rely on this!) I think you're correct about the screws with  nuts but if I can get to the right box easily I'll have a look and get back to you There is also a small wedge fitted between the tailgate stay and the inner wing. Hope this is of help.
Kind regards Nick

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 10:35:17 »
Hello

AE513 is almost complete, just finishing the interior re-trim.  I would like to know how the arm that holds the hatchback open should be attached to the body of the car?   Mine was with 4 self tapping screws into the aluminium internal wing.  Is this correct?  Feels like it should be nuts&bolts

Regards
Chris
Chris,
you are correct in both ways. Yes, only 4 self tapping screws are used but nuts&bolts would be better. Best would be to use a bigger aluminium plate under der internal wing in the area where you use the nuts resp. rivet nuts.
Regards,Peter

kicksey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 18:37:48 »
Thanks Peter for your response. That’s helpful

kicksey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 18:40:20 »
Thanks Nick,  might try to make a plate to strengthen the area