Author Topic: Indicator Switch  (Read 11924 times)

Jane

• View Profile
Indicator Switch
« on: May 13, 2009, 13:05:26 »
Hi,  Can anyone help with the manufacturer of the indicator switch on the 428?  I know these parts often came from major manufacturers, but have no clue on this one!  Hope you can help, thanks.

Classicus

• View Profile
Indicator Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 15:00:13 »
Hi Jane

Unfortunately can't really help on your indicator switch question, though from faint memory it might have been common to the old BMC cars such as the Morris/ Austin 1100, 1800 and 2200 series....??

For starters (click on "Parts") you could try - http://www.landcrab.net/

Hope you also don't mind me asking if you own a 428 ? If so (lucky you !) and it's not already listed in the "AC 428 Register and Archive" (URL below), could you possibly kindly help out with any small details such as chassis and registration number, colour, fastback or convertible etc. please ? Any pictures and a brief history would of course be utterly marvellous and much appreciated as well !

Thanks in advance if you can and best of luck with your search [:)]

Paul
   http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/

Jane

• View Profile
Indicator Switch
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 18:19:15 »
Thanks Paul.  With that information I have now tracked it down as a Mini Mk 2 one!

Re. the Register, I don't think its listed.  It is a silver fastback, registration BAM160H.  I don't have any pictures at present, but will take some soon and then upload all the information about it.

Thanks again for your help.    Jane.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Indicator Switch
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 23:45:09 »
It depends if the car is early or late. The later cars like mine which have a steering lock use a different turn signal indicator. I replaced mine and sourced it from Jaguar. Same part but different diameter column. The wiring was also different. I still would love to find out where the steering column is from?

Regards,

Emmanuel

Classicus

• View Profile
Indicator Switch
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 12:09:27 »
Hi Jane

Hope you eventually manage to sort out the indicator switch ok. And thanks very much really look forward to the pictures and information. In passing what are the things you like about the 428 ? I've loved both versions of the car ever since I first saw a convertible parked in central London in about '73/'74.... I was completely hooked for life on the spot, charisma says it all. To me it's THE most beautiful car of all time, couldn't have cared less what went on under the bonnet then and still couldn't today ! [:p]  [:p]

As I said lucky ol' you, have oooohdles of fun and enjoyment with it !!

Paul [:)]