Author Topic: Ace badges  (Read 4043 times)

alexG

• View Profile
Ace badges
« on: August 03, 2016, 23:53:33 »
Anyone happen to have, or know of someone who has surplus/spare, the correct circular (front and rear bodywork) AC badges for the AC engined Ace....please?
   I imagine these are the same for several different models, Saloon?, Aceca? maybe others.
   After over 40 years of ownership of AE01, I for some reason or other suddenly feel the urge to get the correct badges on the car, why not, better late than never!

alexG

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 00:25:37 »
Well, thanks to one member I'm 50% there, ie I have one badge!

On perhaps a different tack, would there be any interest for badges if I could get proper replicas cast? Clearly to do a one off is expensive but divide that by 4, 6, 8, 10 or whatever makes it much more reasonable.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 19:17:19 »
I believe there is a manufacturer of these but they are quite expensive, they go to car shows so worth a google!"

AE29

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 20:10:09 »
I would be interested in having proper replicas cast, sign me up!  I need a couple for AE 29.  The ones I have right now appear to be hand cast, I posted a couple photos on this forum a while back.

Jim

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 20:33:54 »
I might have a badge that you're looking for, it's a chrome plated AC badge with a nobbly background, given to me by the son of a friend of mine who recently passed away. I would send you a picture but it's in the boot of my 427 which is currently having a new engine etc installed and I won't be seeing it for a few weeks as the garage isn't local. I believe it came off AE28 which he crashed in the 60s. From memory It's approximately 65mm in diameter. Regards
   Vince

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 21:05:45 »
Just checked my overnight bag and found the badge, it's 55mm in diameter with a nut and pin on the back. I will try and post some pictures.

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 21:50:02 »

alexG

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 22:10:02 »
Vince, that looks the job, many thanks for the photos. If its off AE 28, then its very appropriate, ie only 7 cars after mine!
   My email is in Action, but for ref its:        alex.hillparkfarm@gmail.com
   Do please contact me, alex

alexG

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 22:13:14 »
Jim, let me see how I get on with the badge that Vince is talking about! thanks Alex

alexG

• View Profile
Ace badges
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 22:47:46 »
Well, thanks to Vince, now have the second badge....think thats good for now!