Author Topic: MK IV on Ebay  (Read 2457 times)

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
MK IV on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 20:18:09 »
Hello all,
     I had a few ask, that is NOT my car on eBay.  I will list on eBay probably in April if once I try Hemmings and Cobra Country.  Although, if someone made me a great offer before winter, I would definitely take it.  Email me for pics, asking 78k, but shoot me an offer, who knows !!

Jan

AK1131

• View Profile
MK IV on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 22:26:56 »
Dear Jan,

I would advertise in the places where the most people know exactly what the MK IV truely is. I recently received the 2008 SAAC Registry. Very informative. SAAC belief is that Shelby built the Cobra and anything that is not a CSX Cobra is not genuine. Although in the Registry there is Kirkham and Super Performance listed. Probably because Shelby utilized these platforms overtime but quite a stretch of the imagination. No pedigree. I have great admiration for Carroll Shelby but he did not build the Mustangs or the Cobras but completed the cars. As I have mentioned in the past, If it is the man then we all would be driving a CSX Shelby-Dodge. The black Lancer is my choice.

There have been a few MK IV's that have sold on Ebay for a fair price. I think a very complete and educational discription would be best. The current MK IV on Ebay lacks an informative discription. The MK III 427 shifter is a turnoff. The MK IV in it original form is a beautiful car. Why change it to make it look like what it superceded. That is the job of the kit cars.

I showed my car a couple of weeks ago. One gentleman told me it was fiberglass and would not hear different. In his next breath, he told me he once had an AC Bristol with a Rover V8. I ask if he installed the engine. He told me no, it was factory. I chose not to question just simply considered the source.

Best regards,
   Fred Mix
   AK1131   [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
MK IV on Ebay
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by AK1131...I showed my car a couple of weeks ago. One gentleman told me it was fiberglass and...he once had an AC Bristol with a [factory] Rover V8...AK1131 [:)]

I hope the bruising & bite marks on your tongue recover soon![;)]
   Do you do 'In with anger...out with love' breathing exercises? [:D]