Author Topic: members area  (Read 12745 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
members area
« on: March 06, 2007, 20:35:33 »
I have been trying a few times to get into the members area to pull up some of the available articles, but after log in, the appearance of the Aceca at speed and selecting the model, nothing comes up. Can anyone tell me if I am missing a step?

Gus

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 20:43:31 »
Gus
   After you log in go to modle directory & select to car or topic & it should come up.
   Robin

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 21:02:10 »
Hey Robin,

That is precisely what I've been doing, but nothing comes up, regardless of which topic I choose....

Gus

AK1440

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 00:16:47 »
I have the same problem. Under 'all forums' the 'members area' is there but no pointy finger when the cursor is positioned.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
members area
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:29:57 »
Gus

Can you confirm what browser you are using?  Problems have been reported by Mac users with the Safari browser.

It should all work fine with Internet Explorer (and does on all the systems I have tried).  Occasionally you can't get in when the site is down for maintenance.

AK1440: you are in completely the wrong area.  The members' pages are accessed from the Home page, where there is a username and password box for the login.  DO NOT use your forum username and password for this - use the username and password printed at the bottom of the title page of ACtion.

Bryan

jbottini

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 00:12:39 »
Administrator, I cannot log in on home page at all. Ican login at forums page...what am i doing wrong?

jbottini

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 00:15:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Administrator, I cannot log in on home page at all. Ican login at forums page...what am i doing wrong?

I also canot find any username and password at bottom od ACtion "page" Help

terry3000me

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 08:38:35 »
The usename and password are shown at the very bottom of page 5 of ACtion for the past 6 six issues.
   Terry

jbottini

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 11:28:03 »
Ah ha..now i have the secret decoder ring..will reattempt!!!!!

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 23:54:40 »
I am using a Mac with the Safari browser. Windows world is ganging up on me, even in my most beloved website....AAARRRGGGGH!

Gus

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
members area
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 08:25:13 »
Gus

I discussed this with racecar (our website provider) on Friday and confirm that the Mac/Safari combination is not supported.  The usage statistics of various browsers is roughly 30% each for IE7, IE6 and Firefox, and about 1% for a number of others including Safari.

So the answer - if you must avoid Gatesware - is (probably!) Firefox.  I understand that there is a Mac version and it is free to download - just search for Firefox on the web.  If you give it a go please let us know how you get on.

It also emerged that one committee member was having problems using IE.  He eventually admitted he was using an antediluvian computer fitted with Ye Olde Internette Explorere.  The solution to this one is pretty clear!

Bryan

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 00:03:03 »
Thanks for all the info. Should be no problem using firefox. I appreciate it!!

Gus

jbottini

• View Profile
members area
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 23:02:59 »
WOW!!!!!! some great info in there, especially the register