AC Owners Club Forum > Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum

Aceca Bumpers

<< < (2/6) > >>

ctpearce:
Nick; even though I have some existing ones (as you saw) they don't match and the chrome ends tend to rust so I'm interested. Do the end caps look like the originals ie pushed into place,  either stainless (at the front on mine) protruding a little from the bumper diameter or chrome at the back (ex a piece of chrome furniture?) and flush with the  diameter of the bumpers?

Vincent998:

--- Quote from: Vincent998 on May 08, 2022, 16:18:22 ---Hi Nick:

That's very helpful. I will check this week to get an estimate of how much making them here would cost and then I'll get back to you. Have a good week!

Vincent

--- End quote ---

Hi Nick:

I've checked with my fabricator and it looks as though your bumpers, even with shipping, would cost less than he would charge. Can you provide a firmer estimate for them including shipping and packing? When do you expect they would be ready to ship?

Cheers
David

nicksonsticks:
Hi Chris and David, Thanks for your interest, I'll try and get some more info on the end caps and hopefully some illustrations, also once I know quantities I can get some firmer pricing together. I'm thinking at the moment that we may do just 5 sets so it might work out a little bit more than originally anticipated but I'll keep you posted.
Kind regards Nick

nicksonsticks:
Just a quick update on the bumpers. I'm looking into an option of making some separate end caps instead of them being an integral part of the bumper.  The plan being that externally they would look as close as possible to the original items. Apologies for the delay on this but I'll keep you updated with more info very soon.
Kind regards Nick

Vincent998:
Thanks, Nick. I'll look forward to learning what you discover!
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version