Author Topic: BEX225  (Read 10498 times)

ac ace

• View Profile
BEX225
« on: March 06, 2009, 21:44:40 »
Good afternoon all. I will share this story about BEX225.As I said it has been sitting in storage for over 20 years. Finally after asking for twenty years the great man who had it, he contacted me to see if I was still interested. I said yes and we worked ot the details.
   The car comes with a crazy past.Last night I found out it was a drug running car.Even has some ties with a murder. All of this is new to me,but this was in the 1970,s. All is clear now.
   Today I stipped off many coats of paint.Maroon,red,yellow,green,and the orig, blue. The paint was so bad it was all cracked and pealing.
   Most of the paint was down to the aluminum. The car has sanded out very nice.A few dents and a poor welding job on the right front wing.
   I will keep at it.
   Thank you
   Nick

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
BEX225
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 23:37:34 »
Nick

Congratulations on  perservering and acheiving your your goal of becoming the Custodian of BEX225.

Before you strip the complete Ace can you please email or put on the Forum a few Photos of BEX225 as it is now and a earlier picture or two (period) pictures, required for my reference library and inclusion in the official ACOC Ace Bristol Register.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Keith  dot Lessiter @ faac dot co dot uk

Last but not least please, please, be sympathetic with the restoration and bring it back to Thames Ditton Standard not "Pebble Beach" over restored Sterile standards. ( Personal taste, yes! But you can use it and leave it any where without unduly being worried, plus its appreciated a lot more by every one whether petrol head or Mother-in-Law)

Seriously ... ...Aces were built to be raced, Hill Climbed,Sprinted and driven hard all year round,  Use it as John Tojeiro and Alan Turner had intended.

Enjoy !!

Keith

aex125

• View Profile
BEX225
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:39:46 »
Hi Nick,
   Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your 20 years of perserverence finally paid off and please embellish on the history of 225 when you can. The history sounds very interesting and maybe you should check inside the main tubes to make sure nothing is hidden there[;)]
   Jay

nikbj68

• View Profile
BEX225
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 15:43:32 »
BEX 225 is now featured on the AC Heritage website (click pic) and I look forward to following it`s progress there, let`s hope it`s not long before it is quicker than the other 2-seater in Nick`s garage!!![;)]