Author Topic: Aceca rebuild update  (Read 10898 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca rebuild update
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:38:24 »
My car should be nearing completion in the next month or so. Ron Mack has been doing a great job on the interior paneling. Now that I have all the parts in from the UK the engine is ready to go together. The cylinder liners came out without any trouble. New Connecting rods from Robin Woolmer are fantastic. Excellent pieces of machined metal. Looks like they will fit fine. SU carbs will be back from rebuild this week and will be fitted with velocity intake stacks complete with genuine Tea-strainers!! What a great tip. It looks good and I'm sure will work well. I'm going to fit them on my 289 Webers as well. We had to do some modification on the steering rack supplied by Ben Yates, but it is in and will bolt right up to Nigel Winchester's disc conversion kit. Nice calipers, discs and fantastic caliper carrier. Nicely machined piece. I had the seats re-upholstered. there was no saving this hardened, stinking, cracked up leather with a paint job on it. The driver's seat will b a nice little race bucket. Ron made a fantastic dash out of aluminum sheet, like original with the original gauges mounted. The dash will be covered in red leather, as the seats and the gauge pods will be black wrinkle finish paint. Rod Briggs has a handy inventory of engine parts, such as springs and valves. Altogether this thing will be as good as new when it is all done.

I'm entered into the Carolina Trophy, recently covered in Octane magazine. It may not be a Zagato Aston Martin, but it will stand out!!
   More to follow when the build it complete.

Gus

[/img]

nanard289

• View Profile
Aceca rebuild update
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:26:10 »
Amazing project! Very nice aluminum dash board, we are waiting now for a next picture with the red leather laying completion! Any engine or brake picture? Thanks to share your building steps and enjoy for your challenge