Author Topic: German book on Cobras  (Read 14613 times)

strada5300

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« on: July 02, 2008, 23:55:49 »
Hello
   I finally found the French book on Cobra
   Cobra 260 289 427 by P. hazan
   Since I don't speak French I wonder if any who do thought the book was
   accurate. I think in a couple places he captions a 289 FIA as a 427 Cobra but lots of people can't tell them apart in pictures.

But I also heard there was a German book, maybe only on the 427 Cobra, published by an eccentric guy who also builds his own custom car. Anybody know the title/author/publisher?

Thanks for any info,

nikbj68

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 19:15:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by strada5300

Hello
   I finally found the French book on Cobra
   ...P. hazan...captions a 289 FIA as a 427 Cobra but lots of people can't tell them apart in pictures.

How very dare He?! I say we pelt him avec des oeufs décomposé! Lots of people don`t write Cobra books though.

quote:
Originally posted by strada5300I also heard there was a German book...Anybody know the title/author/publisher?

Well, there`s this one:
   [:D]

Seriously though, I do recall a German book that had a genuine piece of Cobra bodywork attached to the corner, but I haven`t seen one available since 2004.

TLegate

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 21:33:02 »
Ach du liebe, das ist meine kleine buch. Allegedly. The other (vastly inferior :-) jobbie will set you back over 300 large ones assuming you can find one. I saw one at Goodwood and put it back smartish when I saw the price. Wonder where that skanky bit of metal came from? I wondered what happened to my old fridge

bobbylangley

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 18:16:50 »
The rest of your fridge was used to build a 428...

TLegate

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 19:47:47 »
AC smeg.... (I've copyrighted that one Basher...)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 15:10:20 »
The madcap who wrote this book is Michael Fröhlich living in the Neandertal near Düsseldorf, Germany. May be his genes are directly related to the legendary "Neandertaler". Visit his webside http://www.michaelfroehlich.com/ and try to order a book. Click on store and then on the cover of the book! I doubt that his homepage was revised within the last years. Note the Rolls Pick up and the tank. From time to time he uses the latter one for shopping on the "Königsallee", where the High Society goes shopping usually. And have a look at the Baby Cobra on the "Die Konstrukteursbude" page. You even should have a look in his garden. Click on "Autoskulpturenpark". But take care, that might make your heart bleeding!
   The translation of the headline of his book is "Caroll Shelby, a chicken farmer going astray". Looking at the stuff he publishes I can´t imagine that the book can be taken serious. As far as I know, M. Fröhlich built Cobra Replicas; the were called Phoenix Cobras.

1984MkIV

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 15:33:13 »
By the way, I was searching for the very rare Dave Friedman "Cobra Daytona Coupes" book. One is advertised at Pooks for BPD 999,-- and other one for US-$ 2.000 at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Daytona-Cobra-coupes-Carroll-champions/dp/B0006QKD46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223126929&sr=8-1. I found two of them on ebay, I bid on both and now I own two of them! One is for sale. Make offer: CarollShelby (at) gmx.de

Michael Cassel

1984MkIV

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 18:27:43 »
I ordered a book on the homepage. The price is still listed in Deutsche Mark (198,--). I´ll keep you in touch, what will happen! I wonder, what will happen ...

1984MkIV

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 23:39:38 »
I got neither the book nor an answer ... If anybody is interested in the book, I can call and/or visit him. I wonder, if he will welcome me with his tank! I only hope, he will not shoot at my Mk IV and put it in his garden [xx(]

Michael

TLegate

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 09:20:04 »
Take care Michael - people who write books are weird and can bite....

Trevor

nikbj68

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 15:28:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate
   Take care Michael - people who write books are weird and can bite....
   Trevor

TLegate

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 21:44:39 »
...and look vicious and are covered in fur (???)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 20:24:48 »
Trevor, take care of what you write, I am author of four books; unfortunately the material is much drier than the snake bite stuff ...

I have an idea, why Michael Fröhlich´s books are that expensive and rare: Somebody tries to buy all of them having in mind to rebuild a complete car from all these very original body parts attached to the books ... [:D]. I wonder which chassis number it will carry.

Michael

westcott

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 16:19:35 »
Michael,

if you are still interested in Michael Fröhlichs book, i got one left.

Will sell it to anybody.

Another one sitting on the shelf and waiting for new owner is:
   John McLellan: The classic ACs, Two Litre to Cobra ISBN 0-900549-98-X

Westcott
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

1984MkIV

• View Profile
German book on Cobras
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 14:58:30 »
Westcott, I think Mr. Bizzarrini (Strada5300) is the first in the row to get the book. Giotto, are you interested?
   Yesterday I phoned to a friend, who knows Michael Fröhlich and we decided to visit him in his new workshop. If it´s entertaining, I will keep you informed!

Michael