Author Topic: Fastback for sale at Hurstpark  (Read 14441 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
Fastback for sale at Hurstpark
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 18:59:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by cmaddox3

While I am at it, I just found some fresh pictures which appear to be of CXF 4....

I've archived the snaps on my website for future reference, thought you might want to do the same.

Chuck

Hi Chuck

Just to bring you up to date, as you might remember my AC 428 Register only ever started out as a first rough draft list, the original aim being to just get something up and running as a temporary stop gap. Since then Andy Shepherd has very kindly offered to help fill in some more of the blank spaces which is obviously fantastic all round, after which I assume it could become the Club's on-line Register as they have all the original Thames Ditton records.

Unfortunately however due to the pressure of my own work and knowing for certain that I won't always be able to spare so much time in the future, I'm now having to limit things to just new arrivals and the odd updates.

On top of which my dear other half's patience is now starting to wear dangerously thin ! [:D]

Cass [:)]
   (I'll try to get your two last additions up next time round....)

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 21:06:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

quote:
Originally posted by cmaddox3

While I am at it, I just found some fresh pictures which appear to be of CXF 4....

I've archived the snaps on my website for future reference, thought you might want to do the same.

Chuck

Hi Chuck

Just to bring you up to date, as you might remember my AC 428 Register only ever started out as a first rough draft list, the original aim being to just get something up and running as a temporary stop gap. Since then Andy Shepherd has very kindly offered to help fill in some more of the blank spaces which is obviously fantastic all round, after which I assume it could become the Club's on-line Register as they have all the original Thames Ditton records.

Unfortunately however due to the pressure of my own work and knowing for certain that I won't always be able to spare so much time in the future, I'm now having to limit things to just new arrivals and the odd updates.

On top of which my dear other half's patience is now starting to wear dangerously thin ! [:D]

Cass [:)]
   (I'll try to get your two last additions up next time round....)

Ah yes, Andy as pictured below [lower right with a ravishing Fastback]:
   [image]http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/motorin/frua/200107_practical_classics/800/p_43_800.jpg[/image]

That's good news all around!  Thanks for the update Paul [Cass]

--  Chuck

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 08:44:59 »
quote:
While I am at it, I just found some fresh pictures which appear to be of CXF 4:

[Where can I source a couple of these little badges?!?!?]

Chuck, you mentioned about wanting the small AC badges, the club is looking at having some made. I guess it will be in a couple of months by the time a supplier is agreed.
   Terry

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 10:05:49 »
Hi Guys

Just a quick one.

Just had a quick chat with (Michael Wooding) Hurst Park (01372 468 487) and their car is one of TWO they have sold in recent months.  One with wires and one with allys.

This car has not had a restoration done but has had all neccessary work.

I have been told by Hurst park that the owner (a swiss collector) is selling his whole collection (he only recently acquired the 428 from Hurst park) because he has just been dignosed with severe cancer which is why this car is back on sale with them.  The swiss guy didn't even manage to export it.

The asking price is £65,000.  The chassis number is CF43.

Big Al at Thunder Road has apparently just done a fair bit of work on it so he'll be able to give you the "low down".

Hurst Park are VERY HELPFUL (given the price that's hardly shocking I suppose!)

Regards

Mark-Anthony
   CRS #22

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 12:52:29 »
Hi Mark

The one with ally's sounds very much like Reg. no. NUJ 14 which is Query no. 5). on the Register. Is there any chance of confirming this as CF 43 then I can add it into the next Update ? Their other car with wires I'm pretty certain was CF 57 sold in October.

Thanks for keeping such a good look out, CF 55 was a nice one. Long ways to go tho' !  [:)]

Cass