Author Topic: MkIV for sale  (Read 3833 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
MkIV for sale
« on: October 30, 2009, 17:30:30 »

REV

• View Profile
MkIV for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 20:49:02 »
Judging by what the cars at RM Auctions sold for yesterday I'd say thats extremely good value!

I know from my own car that its pretty easy to spend a lot of money on them. And the difference between a standard car and a car thats been properly sorted out is immense. Sadly most probably never realise that until they've made their purchase. :(

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
MkIV for sale
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:33:56 »
This car is chassis number AK1267 and from the photographs appears nicely done and has a good specification. I'm sure anyone who may buy it would take off the tyres as I don't think they have a decent speed rating!!

REV

• View Profile
MkIV for sale
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 10:42:29 »
I see the date of the car is September 1988. Originally Jaguar Indigo blue with dark red leather. It was bought in the height of the boom times.

Do we have any idea what sort of figure the first owner would have paid for the car? I suspect it may be not far short of a similar figure to that now being asked!!!

Here we are 21 years later, and we think its a lot of money now!

nikbj68

• View Profile
MkIV for sale
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 13:36:32 »
`S Funny, but it looks just like Bramleys of Ken, but it says Graeme Hunt over the door...
   This seems to be a VERY strong price for a MkIV that`s not a Lightweight, even allowing for all of the work that`s gone into it.
   My guess would be that it is at least £40k more than it would have been in `88, what say the experts?