Author Topic: Autokraft - narrow body cars  (Read 2960 times)

marklotus

• View Profile
Autokraft - narrow body cars
« on: December 13, 2006, 21:47:39 »
Does anyone know anything about any narrow body cars made by Autokraft?

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 22:11:14 »
Angliss built some MK II cars and some MK II FIA cars but they were not sold as "Autokrafts" per se, they from my understanding, were "replacements" for original CSX chassis. At the end he had built some MK II frames and intended a run of cars. ACCG finished one (COB1001) that was shown at Birmingham in 1999 in polished alloy. I had that car here in the states for 6 months in 1999. ACCG intended to build more using the frames left from Autokraft but to my understanding only completed one more unit. They would have needed to build a chassis jig to complete the run of 25 announced as there were only 4 or 5 frames left. Also they would have needed to source and build uprights, hubs, etc.
   Rick

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 21:39:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

Angliss built some MK II cars and some MK II FIA cars but they were not sold as "Autokrafts" per se, they from my understanding, were "replacements" for original CSX chassis. At the end he had built some MK II frames and intended a run of cars. ACCG finished one (COB1001) that was shown at Birmingham in 1999 in polished alloy. I had that car here in the states for 6 months in 1999. ACCG intended to build more using the frames left from Autokraft but to my understanding only completed one more unit. They would have needed to build a chassis jig to complete the run of 25 announced as there were only 4 or 5 frames left. Also they would have needed to source and build uprights, hubs, etc.
   Rick
   Rick,
   Wasn't C.S.'s people over to look at that MarkII to find out how to get the gleam at that SAAC in Michigan?
   Jim

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 02:07:35 »
Yes,
   Jim...the toady from Shelby wanted to know "how to get the aluminun to shine like that"...sort of like the classic "how do I get to Carnagie Hall"...."practice, practice, practice!!!!

Lotsa sandpaper and rubbing compound. The Kirkham guys have it down pat.

And God bless you for thaking the car out for exercise today. Too many would say "but it's only 45 degrees...."

Peace out..

Rick[:D]

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 02:42:59 »
Rick, must confess...with sun in sky it was in 50's and great for a ride. Took son in law for a spin at 11:00am and it was cooler. But we found a Harley to play with on that jaunt. jim