Author Topic: Extreme hi performance fans  (Read 2399 times)

nick Godridge

• View Profile
Extreme hi performance fans
« on: October 23, 2016, 07:19:36 »
For anybody worrying about temperature rise in their engine, this  information may be useful.
   I am sure many of you will be aware of this, but, just in case;-

Kenlkowe do a range of Extreme high performance fans with built in shrouds, that shift a lot of air. On their website,
   (http://www.kenlowe.com/CoolingRetrofit.php) you can find at the bottom of the page, a very helpful product comparison chart which shows the dimensions and throughput for each model up to 17" o.d. This model shifts over 4000cfm, although,it does draw a lot of amps.

Nick G

Hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 19:08:10 »
I agree Kenlowe is delivering a good solution for high performance fans.

I used the high performance Kenlowe fans twice – in both cases the two speed fans with external adjustable electronic control box (and easy to install temp.-sensor)
   Both cars had heat problems: a replica with a 502 cui Chevy and my AK 1073 powered by a 460 Super Cobra Jet engine.

In both cases the fan is behind the radiator combined with a shroud. In both cases the second speed finally has been never used.

The fan even sucks air out of the corner, as there is enough space between the fan and the radiator.
   Did a test with cigarette smoke :-)) in front of the radiator.

Here the radiator installation for my AK 1073

Hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 19:16:24 »
Here you can see how the fan shroud was made.
   Three piece arangement made from aluminum, fixed to the radiator without any welding or drilling just use the existing fix-points on top and bottom.
   It does not vibrate or rattle.