Author Topic: Looking for MKIV Hubs!  (Read 3531 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« on: June 21, 2008, 19:59:57 »
Hi guys', does anybody have any MKIV pin drive spare hubs anywhere? These are to be installed in my Frua. Thanks.

Regards,

Emmanuel[?]

DWR46

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 23:57:28 »
I maybe wrong, but a Mark IV hub is possibly the same as a 427 Cobra hub. If so, you might want to contact George Petrus at Accurate Machine Products also known as Cobra Racing, 4730 Emerald St., Torrance, CA 90503. His fax is 310-370-1035, I do not have his regular phone quickly available. He is supplying us with 427 Hubs for our 289 vintage race car project. Prices seem quite reasonable.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 19:13:46 »
Thanks, My office is in Torrance, I will go there at lunch time! I am not certain the MKIV/Frua hubs are the exactly the same as the MKIII. There is a previous thread about it in this forum![:)]

Regards,

Emmanuel

jbottini

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 02:38:09 »
Emmanueald,
   I may have it backwards , but I believe frua Hubs or uprights were put on MKIV's to pick up 2" per side in rear track. Again , I'm not positive which part was substituted, but the MKIV is 4" wider in track.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:18:14 »
Here`s a comparison of Frua vs.MkIV uprights from Gerry Hawkridge:
   [EDIT] Should read MkIII vs. MkIV/Frua, thanks Emmanuel!

Do you already have wheels, Manny? If not, have you considered FiA-style splined Halibrands? Not only a quick swap, but an interesting and subtle difference in appearance. Assuming the splines can take your torque, of course!

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 02:09:22 »
Hi, I think we already went over this in the past and the pictures above show the difference between Cobra 427 MKIII and MKIV hub carriers. If I remember correctly the MKIV uses Frua hub carriers shown on the right. I may be wrong! Also, if I remember correctly, I was arguing the the MKIII and the MKIV had identical hub carriers and someone said no that actually Autocraft used leftover Frua inventory which are wider! Et voila:

http://www.racecar.co.uk/acoc/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=268

I spoke to george Petrus and he asked me if my bearings are of the ball or the roller type. I did my MKIV bearing years ago but I don't recall! Anybody knows?
   If they are rollers, no problem, his hubs will work, if they are ball then bad luck. I seem to recall they were rollers, but I am not sure.

Emmanuel[:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 07:28:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

Hi, I think we already went over this in the past...the MKIV uses Frua hub carriers ...Emmanuel[:)]

Apologies for my mis-labelling of the above, I have edited accordingly.[:I]

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 07:31:29 »
Hi Emmanueld,

please look here: hub pictures

You can see the inside of my MK IV hubs of a quite early MK IV.

Regards, Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Looking for MKIV Hubs!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 18:03:18 »
Great! Thanks Peter.

I am in business! Emmanuel