Author Topic: MK IV Headrests  (Read 3168 times)

jbottini

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« on: December 04, 2006, 14:55:37 »
Good morning, Does anyone out there know where B.A. sourced the headrests? I've heard they are Honda parts, but cannot find year and model or a part number. Can any one assist? There may be a part number on the vertical bars. Alternatively, does anyone have a spare pair or want to sell theirs? Thanks, Jim

Superarnie

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 21:45:06 »
Hi there,
   I am in the process of finishing AC Superblower, ACSB7020 which was never completed at the Brooklands factory in 2001. I have been compiling a spreadsheet of all the parts I have so far obtained for this car. The majority of the parts I have received from John Owen in Malta. I have been supplied with seat frames and the sponge fillings. I have also been supplied with bare untrimmed headrests and their mounting flanges/guides. The flanges/guides are Honda parts (Pt. No.77583.SA5.671ZP). At this time I have not made an enquiry with Honda to establish which model these guides relate to.If I can be of any further assistance to you or any other Superblower, CRS or Mark 4 owner, it would be my pleasure to help.
   Kindest regards
   Gary

jbottini

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 00:39:06 »
Superarnie, can you email the entire list? or send to me and I'll copy and pay freightboth ways? You are a lifesaver on this deal. Jim

jbottini

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 00:41:16 »
Super arnie, I just reread the email. I need the part number for the headrests. if I understood your email the part numbers are for the flanges etc that go in the seat. Thanks. jim

jbottini

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 14:04:37 »
Superarnie and all, headrests are 82-85 Honda accord /84-87 Honda prelude PN# 775580SA6671ZE...Arnie thanks for the numbers that led me to them, now the chase is on to find them Are the US and Eurospec Honda head rest the same only time will tell.
   SA can you scan your list and email and send me your postal address

Superarnie

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 22:45:53 »
Hi Jim,
   glad to have been of help. A word of warning though, the headrests fitted to the Mark 4's and later Superblowers, may not be the Honda headrests you have identified. Certainly the guides are Honda but from the bare headrests I have received from John Owen, I would guess they were either made by AC Cars or were made for them. They may of course be Honda but I can't be certain of this.
   I have tried to email you through this website link but for some reason have been unsuccessful. Would you mind letting me know your email address and I will sent images of both my framed seats and the Honda guides I have been supplied.
   Many thanks
   Gary

jbottini

• View Profile
MK IV Headrests
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 23:33:06 »
Gary, I had a problem emailing you from my computer through ACOC as well. My email is jamesbottini877@msn.com. Thanks for the pictures. Jim