Author Topic: Couple of vintage questions  (Read 2664 times)

Old Crock

• View Profile
Couple of vintage questions
« on: June 17, 2013, 19:10:14 »
The Stilltime Collection (see postings below, titled 'Historic photos of AC's') has the two photos below. I believe they show the Hon. Victor Bruce and his wife Mildred. What they are doing, and why waving as if to gain attention, I don't know. These are likely factory publicity shots taken at Thames Ditton, and they may have been used to show the dropped hood on this 6-cyl. Aceca open/closed coupé.

The model was advertised with side glass. Most (all?) had wind-up windows, so I wonder if anyone can tell me the purpose of the door strap? Was this to raise the window glass, before the introduction of winder mechanism and internal handle (as clearly not on this car)?

colin ac

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 23:30:05 »
hi i can answer the strap question an they are there to raise the windows on both sides, my car has them

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:17:32 »
Many thanks for that - I remember the same idea used on old railway carriages.

Colin, if you go to Page 4 of this forum (topics number at the bottom) and open 'Vintage car plate from 'The 2-litre AC Six' I think you'll find that your car was used for this plate many years back.

colin ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 21:46:45 »
yes that is my car I hsve the book that that plate is in ,if only it looked as nice as it does is in the picture.one day