Author Topic: Emblems. retainer pins or tape?  (Read 2558 times)

AC Bill

• View Profile
Emblems. retainer pins or tape?
« on: August 11, 2010, 19:08:01 »
My AC emblems came with pins, although not with the underside keepers. I can likely find the correct sized keepers, but worry about the difficulty of removing them at a future date, when I take my car in for final painting. (I lean towards this method) Is there a simple trick to removing the keepers without damaging the mounting pins?

Tape could be easier to remove, but it may have it's downsides as well. Easier for someone to steal the emblems, emblem sits up higher due to the thickness of the two sided tape, and it may damage paint if removed in the future (for example, if someone breaks the emblem trying to steal it).

What method is your preference?
   Thanks, Bill

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:22:48 »
Bill,
   I prefer emblem speed nuts like these
   http://www.volvette.com/4FB10.html
   They are available at many automotive parts stores and come in different external and stud sizes. The first time they go on they cut a slight thread and then you just twist them off if you want to remove the emblem.

Jay

AC Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 17:10:16 »
Actually those would work well for me. Are they designed for the cast type badges or do they only work on plastic ones?

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:33:26 »
I have used them on both cast and plastic. The first install on the cast takes a little more effort but work fine. Just make sure you get the correct size for your stud.