Author Topic: ACOC Dinner Dance 26th March.  (Read 3230 times)

shep

• View Profile
ACOC Dinner Dance 26th March.
« on: March 23, 2011, 13:25:03 »
What is wrong?
   I spoke to Tony Michaels this morning, and bookings for this Saturday's (26th March) ACOC Dinner Dance and prize giving are the lowest ever. I'm not sure if it is the fear of rocket attacks, Tsunamis or nuclear fallout, but I can assure all that the Cobham Hilton Hotel is on high stable ground, and clear from any war zones.
   I have double checked the Menu with their Functions Manager and am confident the food will be superb. There will be complimentary pre-dinner drinks in the bar from 7.00 and we have have great disco music and dancing till late.
   Those staying overnight have the benefit of a special ACOC discount at the Hilton with full breakfast on Sunday.
   Anyone who forgot to book please contact Tony Michaels. If you don't have his details and want to come, please post a message and I'll contact you. Andy.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 19:03:36 »
Hi Andy,

Hotel booked, tickets in pocket and looking forward to a thoroughly enjoyable evening if past years are anything to go by.

Nobody had mentioned complimentary pre-dinner drink(s) are we allowed more than one?

Cheers

David

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:56:10 »
With current numbers you may have a whole bottle of bubbly!

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 13:30:48 »
Cancel panic!!!  Last night we had one of the best Dinner Dances ever. Rather than the lower turnout spoiling the evening, I think it actually made it better. The pre dinner complimentary drinks allowed two or three glasses of bubbly per person which kick started the evening. Somehow they managed to adjust the room to make it feel full and the atmosphere was as good as ever. The Hilton staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy, and I thought the food was brilliant. The dance floor was full from the start to the 12.00 finish, and it appeared the only difference was the event actually felt more comfortable. Thanks to Tony Michaels for his orgaisation and prize giving, and to AC-90 for their additional bonus prizes. I must admit that I was dreading this year being a flop, but far to the contrary it was a resounding success. Maybe next year we should choose a smaller venue and cap the numbers at 60. What does everyone else think?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 00:25:22 »
Andy Shepherd, Tony Michaels, Dave Goose and ACOC Dinner/Dance organising Team...........

In true AC Style:

BLOODY WELL DONE !!

Have to agree this year's bash was the best,  far better than last year or the previous few at The Windsor Castle!

Maybe less is better, mind you "it's what you make of it".

Julie & I would like to thank those who organised the event and volunteer the same group to organise 2012.

Those who didn't attend, missed a great evening.

Keith...[:)]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 12:37:38 »
Well done and thank you.
   I totally agree with Keith, it was a brilliant evening. To Tony, David and particularly Andy – thank you very much for a really enjoyable evening. Everything went really well, the food was good, the drink flowed and everyone was clearly having a great evening.  Having got the mix right with the Hilton, (and the price point) I’m not sure we want to go looking for another site, but let’s invite feedback from those who attended and see what the group want.

Thanks again - John and Dee.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 13:02:12 »
Yes, a very good evening - thanks to all the organisers and helpers and to the hotel for their special efforts.  And as ever, it was great to meet friends old and new at the start of the new season.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 13:26:47 »
Hi Andy,

Definitely the best Cathy and I have attended, pre diner bubbly certainly helped to put people in the right frame of mind.

Was not particularly excited about the Cobham Hilton as a venue before the event but I must say the food, the attention to detail and the friendliness of the Hotel staff were all exceptional.

Well done Andy for bringing this all together,

Many thanks - David & Cathy.