Author Topic: Trip report: Cobras at Canepa Design  (Read 3204 times)

SunDude

• View Profile
Trip report: Cobras at Canepa Design
« on: September 05, 2012, 16:42:07 »
Cobra-owner Bruce Canepa owns and operates this fabulous restoration shop in Scotts Valley CA, which also houses his personal collection of fine street and competition cars.  There were six Cobras there during my visit.

Inside the main showroom.

CSX2122 is currently for sale at Canepa Design.

CSX3112

Bruce had crashed CSX2433 at the Monterey Pre-Historics race at Laguna Seca, and it was being repaired in time for the actual Historics race the following weekend.

CSX3360, the last 427 Cobra ever made, was being given a final detailing in time for its appearance at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

CSX2046 was being serviced at Canepa while I was visiting the shop.

CSX2181 was having its transmission serviced at Canepa.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 22:12:32 »
Great photos Brian

BBK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:19:51 »
Ditto to that. Great photos. I live about an hour's drive from the Canepa facility. It is amazing. Top notch cars there.

SunDude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 13:30:47 »
By luck I managed to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the place.  I had been speaking with a young guy from L.A. about the cars in the showroom; he was there with his dad, scoping out cars to buy and had the salesman's ear.  Next thing I know the salesman invites all three of us into the shop floor (not just the crosswalk) and we spent more than an hour checking the place out and swapping stories.  Great time!

BBK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 06:49:24 »
That sounds pretty great!  It is probably the best collector car facility I have ever been to, besides,Fantasy Junction in Emeryville, CA.