Author Topic: Old Top Gear film of the Brooklands factory  (Read 4922 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Old Top Gear film of the Brooklands factory
« on: November 11, 2010, 19:01:29 »
Some of you may have seen this before, but I've only just found it.The link is to an old edition of Top Gear that has a feature on the MKIV and an interview with Brian A.
   There's also a couple of young presenters called J.Clarkson and T. Needell.

John.
   http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-19890411_206158.htm

AK1131

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 21:49:20 »
Thanks![8D]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 22:07:06 »
And don't forget the Beki Adam effect!!! At the time she was conducting personal research into many assorted substances. And the author of the worlds worst motoring book which was (allegedly) about the Cobra. And she decided not to pay me for the 25 photos she 'acquired' from me....a constant joy.....

However, since there's no such thing as bad publicity, Autokraft sold six (6!) MkIVs the following day alone after that programme went out. Ker-ching.

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:35:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

However, since there's no such thing as bad publicity, Autokraft sold six (6!) MkIVs the following day alone after that programme went out. Ker-ching.

The proceeds from which Brian loaded on the helo and promptly flew off to Guernsey with....

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 16:33:35 »
Oh Trevor,
   It sounds as though Beki made a lasting impression on you.
   [:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 22:14:56 »
Rick: Ah yes, the Friday evening dash to the chopper (allegedly...... :-) you know about that as well?

John: Yeah the laydee was/is a one-off. Thankfully. Actually I toned my posting waaay down for obvious reasons - you don't know the half of it!!!!!! Though a certain Paul McCartney met a very similar one (and yes, I knew her too!) I worry about me sometimes

I'm getting a bit off topic here, non?

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 01:40:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

Rick: Ah yes, the Friday evening dash to the chopper (allegedly...... :-) you know about that as well?

Well sure, some good pal of mine told me about it. I think his name is Taylor, or Tigger or something.

Though a certain Paul McCartney met a very similar one (and yes, I knew her too!) I worry about me sometimes

Knew her? In the biblical sense?

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 21:38:47 »
Oh this could run & run....BUT

on topic for just a mo, what that hell was that hideous Peugeot 205 soundtrack over 39PH & GPG4C on the road???
   I`d love to get a better copy of that... I have now transferred to DVD the copy I had transferred to VHS from the original Betamax recording I made!!!
   Ok, now back to Heath*r M*lls.... I`ve got nothing against her right leg....

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 13:09:39 »
wow, this is interesting to say the least: I liked the tangent... Does anyone want to enlighten this poor soul on this "insider info"?

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 13:19:23 »
Pretty cool time warp that Top Gear piece. Including this infamous Beki. Now, admitted, it was only 1991, but she clearly was still well in the mid eighties... Fitting pants must not have been the fashion either in the day, or is she wearing a diaper in anticipation of her drive in the Cobra?