Author Topic: FORUM POSTS  (Read 10212 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FORUM POSTS
« on: May 26, 2008, 12:00:36 »
I have edited several replies and deleted one complete topic from the Forum.  At a time of great flux for AC, comments about personalities may be very unhelpful for the company and the ACOC.

SBB

• View Profile
FORUM POSTS
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 21:57:16 »
Good Decision. As a marque club we should do efforts to support the continuity of AC. This will only be possible in collaboration with the AC Factory, not in opposition. I had an experience, when I co-founded a Motorcycle "club". It was far less professional than the ACOC and the self-styled "chief"-editor loved to polemise against the german general importer. In retrospect I have to say it was a mistake not to stop that guy. We damaged the marque and finally we damaged the community of the riders of these bikes. I agree to Terry´s "Chit Chat" of ACTION Vol.34#1 as well.

Michael Cassel

Emmanueld

• View Profile
FORUM POSTS
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 18:16:16 »
Gentlemen,

I think censuring speech is never the best approach, especially if the comments being made are appropriate, fair and based on established facts. I am thinking about the prospective buyer of one of these cars who is going to put down part of his hard earned money for a new AC only to discover he has been had and that the vehicle he has ordered will never come. I have seen it before. I think in this case, transparency is in the interest of everybody involved and it is the responsibility of the club to ensure complete transparency in fairness to it's members. What about that for the continuity of the marque?

Emmanuel

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FORUM POSTS
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 10:30:17 »
I left this topic open for a while to see if any more opinions came out.  Club policy is that we do publicise what 'AC' is doing and in general leave members to form their own opinions.  There are shades of grey as to what is published in ACtion, with its limited circulation, and what appears here with complete public access.

One man's "established facts" will be another man's tissue of lies.  Similarly, what appears to one as common sense will be complete nonsense to another.  Whatever the rights or wrongs, this is not the place to make personal comments or attacks.