Author Topic: Newbie from Canada saying "Hi"  (Read 6197 times)

aaron

• View Profile
Newbie from Canada saying "Hi"
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 21:02:43 »
Hi Sundude and welcome, did you make it the the Farnborough Airshow? What did you think of it ? I live a stones throw away from the airfield,so only have to step out of my front door to watch the planes.

SunDude

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 16:44:27 »
Hi Aaron,

Yes I did make it to the Farnborough show.  Quite impressive!  But such a busy week as we had meetings all day and receptions every night, plus my boss was there as were several federal ministers to keep everyone on his toes.

I really enjoyed London too (it was my first time there).  Most of my time was spent in the Mayfair district, very nice.  Got to attend bun-tosses at the RAC on Pall Mall, the Canadian High Commission on Grosvenor Square, and Canada House on Trafalgar Square.  Also did lots of late night pub-hopping around town.  Glad to get home and give my liver a break.

I was blown away by the flash cars in London.  Seems like everyone drives an Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls-Royce or McLaren SLR (many Dubai plates).  And the "bird watching" was pretty impressive too, if you know what I mean.

Didn't see any Cobras or ACs in town, but the slow train to Farnborough did stop at Thames-Ditton.

Brian

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 20:07:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by SunDude

Hi Aaron,

Yes I did make it to the Farnborough show.  Quite impressive!  But such a busy week as we had meetings all day and receptions every night, plus my boss was there as were several federal ministers to keep everyone on his toes.

I really enjoyed London too (it was my first time there).  Most of my time was spent in the Mayfair district, very nice.  Got to attend bun-tosses at the RAC on Pall Mall, the Canadian High Commission on Grosvenor Square, and Canada House on Trafalgar Square.  Also did lots of late night pub-hopping around town.  Glad to get home and give my liver a break.

I was blown away by the flash cars in London.  Seems like everyone drives an Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls-Royce or McLaren SLR (many Dubai plates).  And the "bird watching" was pretty impressive too, if you know what I mean.

Didn't see any Cobras or ACs in town, but the slow train to Farnborough did stop at Thames-Ditton.

Brian

Brian,you dont see AC`s on the road very often at all in the UK,and most of the Cobra`s you see are replica`s,thye seem to appear occasionally when the weather is good.Yes it is alot easier to spot the nice birds in London than it is to spot an AC ..[:)]