Author Topic: Headrest  (Read 3775 times)

Hobo

• View Profile
Headrest
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:22 »
Dear all,

I’m looking for a set of headrests form my AKL1411.
   As you know I want to keep the car as it is and now looking for the parts which are missing-
   As I’m aware that there are different types of mechanism existing for fixing to the seats, I’m looking for those suit to the seats on the photo below.
   Colour tan (beige) is welcome, however if it is different colour it will be fine also.

Moreover: Carpets green colour are also missing – both in the front - driver and passenger side.
   Also welcome :-).

linklaw

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 13:13:45 »
I have the same headrest fixtures on my car, AK1103, and like those on Hobo's car, they are painted black over the original tan. Like Hobo, I do not have any headrests. I recall that someone told me long ago that the headrests for our cars were from a Honda, but when I look on the internet at contemporary photos (1985) of various Honda models, nothing seems to match. Does anyone know what car the headrests are from?  Thanks, John.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 13:20:51 »
Circa 1984-84 when we got our first cars, Brian told me they were "Honda" parts. No idea on model or year.

Hobo

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 14:44:23 »

TLegate

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 14:57:09 »
Clearly this is a cunning plan to flush out the 'fake' Lightweights....

Hobo

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 15:24:11 »
Shame upon him who thinks evil upon it.[}:)]

westcott

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 23:21:05 »
Martin,
   the head rest guides are from a Prelude, the headrest have a different shape but the  hardware looks the same, have a look at tis:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SB001&block_02=B__4000&block_03=22164

If you find 2 Headrests from a 83 Prelude I will send you my one spare headrest as a sample to build new ones by yourself.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Hobo

• View Profile
Headrest
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:02:41 »
Uwe,
   You are my sunshine :-).

So – by opportunity - I will have a look at the junk yards for such a version of a Honda………. will take some time.
   In the meantime, if someone still has the “original” ones – welcome, don’t care about condition or colour, I have to renew it anyway.