AC Owners Club Forum > AC Weller Engine

Rocker cover breather

<< < (2/2)

Gus Meyjes:
Changing the forum format and having greater ease of posting would be VERY welcome and likely encourage more use.

The facebook format of "liking" comments and easily tagging onto a discussion or posting photos is definitely nice!

Gus

AE413:
I do not know about the need for a breather on the rocker cover for the road, but is not a breather and catch tank mandatory for competition? AE413 has a breather from the blanking plate on the crank case where the dynamo fitted on earlier cars.

John D

1744:
John,

I have a short L shaped breather directed downwards on my dynamo blanking plate as well but the cam cover breather takes care the fume excess from the top end, which is pretty minimal.

It helps to keep the engine bay dry, especially the wiring.

Jonathan Parker

AEX 1194

administrator:
Re posting photos, we looked into this a while ago and costs would be considerable:  it's not just migrating to new Forum software, it would also involve paying our hosts for photo storage, whereas individuals' Photobucket accounts are free.

I have seen the breather arrangement on a number of cars, and think it originated as a way of fitting a catch tank for competition use.

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version