Author Topic: Mystery MkV or CRS?  (Read 3594 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mystery MkV or CRS?
« on: May 29, 2020, 09:14:39 »
Bryan Stone in Bloomington, Illinois, has just acquired a partially assembled car, and asked on Facebookif anyone could identify ‘which kit’ it is. It had been in storage for 10-20 years before he purchased it. He has yet to find a chassis plate,
but I believe it to be a CRS, Some think MkV.
My big question is, was this car stripped, or is this as far as it was assembled?
Any help appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:19:13 by nikbj68 »

paho

• View Profile
Re: Mystery MkV or CRS?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:00 »
Hi,
the photo of the sticker, refers to a UK company that produced heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems for motor vehicles.
It amalgamated with a company called Elite Automotive systems, see the history on the following url:
https://www.elitekl.co.uk/about-us/

Maybe they can identify the vehicle from the info. on the label
BR /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:12:48 »
Thanks! I have an enquiry in with KL Elite, to see if they can date the heater box. Note, the phone number on the label is now a private residential number!

Bryan now believes it to be MkV chassis no.3, but I’m still curious about the rear lights being to earlier design.

SunDude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 17:46:01 »
Bryan now believes it to be MkV chassis no.3, but I’m still curious about the rear lights being to earlier design.

More likely it's car no. 4 as no. 3 is already a complete car. Both cars were for sale in the U.S. around the same time, a decade ago.

See RCN magazine article about #3: www.rcnmag.com/garage/the-keeper

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 17:57:11 »
I put a few comments and photos on the MkIV and CRS thread  saying why I think its a MKV
Graham