AC Owners Club Forum > Recent ACs

Two new models

<< < (3/4) > >>

bobbylangley:
You could be right about IVA Robin, looking at the pics on the website they have some old style switchgear which I don't think would pass today without some way of circumventing the regulations.

Rob.Hendriks:
What the majority of the tree-hugging populace seem to forget, is that without hydrocarbons (HC), their beloved e-cars would not exist, let alone operate e.g.

* the bitumen/asphalt roads they drive on (except our US friends driving on concrete) are made from HC
* the vast majority of the plastic components inside most cars are made from HC
* have never seen an excavator (other than the grandsons toys) that is not powered by HC
* have never seen an a hi-volume/hi-pressure, electric water pump, in remote location
* have never seen earth moving trucks, powered by batteries
* electric ships...hmmm that's a work onthe list just goes on and on

As for Li-ion battery disposal, last time I looked there were only two places in the world - France and China, of which China had closed it's doors because of pressure to reduce the polution and demand was far outstripping what they were able to safely process.
Many countries (including NZ) are just stock-piling the spent batteries, creating another potential environmental issue

So an electric Cobra - blasphemy I say !!

AC Ventura:
What exactly is the attraction of a electric Cobra? Who would choose it over a modern electric roadster? What’s the point?

nikbj68:

--- Quote from: B.P.Bird on July 04, 2020, 17:04:42 ---...Surprising though the electric Cobra notion is I find it quite attractive - a silent run out in the countryside, the breakfast meeting - all the usual interesting car club stuff: Just so long as it is within a 75 mile radius......
Barrie

--- End quote ---
But you wouldn’t be allowed to the V8 Breakfast at The Fennel...🤣😂🤣

B.P.Bird:
Not so Nik, all welcome - everyone driving anything. Just have to enjoy using it, as not a few 289 Register members could confirm.
Barrie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version