Author Topic: 1977 AC/Autokraft on Ebay  (Read 2910 times)

AK1131

• View Profile
1977 AC/Autokraft on Ebay
« on: February 08, 2007, 15:28:07 »
Can anyone tell me about this car. It was advertises last year. The seller emailed me a CSX number plate. Is this car real, clone, copy or bogus. I contacted SAAC last year with the CSX number. They flipped out and told me that number lived in Californian. I am not an expert but the car does look real.

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 16:34:42 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Cobra-1977-Mark-IV-289-COBRA-by-AutoKraft-AC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6472QQihZ017QQitemZ270087757691QQrdZ1

"1977 Ford Cobra | Red | 000000000 miles | VIN 6F07C347401"

"In the early 1960's when Carroll Shelby started bringing in the aluminum bodied hand built AC cars nobody had any idea of the magnitude of popularity that the AC Cobra would create. In essence it was a true full blooded race car that one could drive on normal streets and highways. This Cobra phenomenon created such a stir that some of Carroll's original AC Cobra 427 big block cars are now bringing well over $450,000! At Straight Line Automotive Group we are very proud to offer this very intriguing 1977 model AC car. All of the AC cars that were originally sent to the United States from England with inline 6 cylinder engines. A gentleman named Brian Angliss started a company named AutoCraft that eventually purchased the intrest that Ford Motor Co had in AC cars. This car, was made by Brian Angliss, whose company was essentially sisters with AC of England. Welds on the car throughout the bottom of the chasis to the body are only found on AC cars. This car does have a valid Ford VIN # with a matching title. It is equipped with original Cobra parts including: a solid lifter 289 engine with Tri-Y Exhaust Manifolds, Cobra leaf spring suspension, Cobra rack and pinion steering, Cobra disc brakes and brake lines, Cobra transmission and drive train, etc.. The only thing that was not replaced with Cobra parts was the radiator. To the best of our knowladge this is the only small body Mark IV 289 made for the United States. There has been no body work or changes to the original frame and aluminum shell. The bodywork is completely original an unadulterated. This car is ONE OF A KIND....You have to see this car in person to really grasp the quality and the magnitude of the craftsmanship displayed on this car. We are offing this car for $122,888! A very reasonable price to pay to have a chance to own a piece of automotive history"

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 18:11:30 »
CAUTION!!!!!! The VIN is for a 1966 MUSTANG with a 2 barrel 289! This is a very strange situation, Angliss did not make cars in 1977, the VIN is for a 1966. I have seen cars imported using a "donor" VIN and title (1967 Ford rebodied/restored as XXX) but this is dicey at best. While Autokraft may have built this car I would want to see some documentaion as well as pictures/tracings of the VIN plate. Buyer beware...that said a nice 289 original spec car should be worth the low 100's.
   Rick

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 00:29:16 »
took the word right out of my mouth .... Rick ...good eye !

Ron