Author Topic: Ace Bristol for sale  (Read 4208 times)

J Jones

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« on: November 20, 2010, 19:38:07 »
I spoke to Jim Feldman (ACOC US Registrar) today, and volunteered to post this for him.
   Jim does not have a computer or email, and only communicates by telephone, FAX or regular mail.

He has a 1957 Ace Bristol for sale. He acquired it about 10 years ago as an incomplete restoration, and has done nothing with it since then.

It has a 100D engine (out of the car), the body has been stripped but it apparently is not missing anything. The previous owner purchased the car in 1962.

Jim can be contacted by telephone: 1 (503) 643-3225
   FAX: 1 (503) 646-4009

His address:
   11955 SW Faircrest st
   Portland, Oregon 97225
   USA

J Jones

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 22:33:58 »
Update on the above information.

The engine is in the car. The Chassis number is BEX275, engine number  100D -604.

Jim wants to sell the car Restored. That is: he wants to sell it to someone who will have him restore it. I did not understand that when I first spoke to him.

For those who do not know,  Jim is 'Mr AC' here in the USA. Although I've never seen his collection, He says he has the "largest collection of AC's in the Universe". He has an example of every AC built, with the exception of an Airline coupe, and a 246 coupe.

You could say he's an expert concerning the marque. Understatement

terry3000me

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:23:45 »
I dont believe Jim has an ME in his collection either. I understand he has 21 different ACs - please correct me if I'm wrong.
   Terry

J Jones

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 01:54:44 »
My conversation with him just touched on his collection. He may have forgotten to include the ME when he told me what was missing from his collection. I've been speaking with him concerning his Frua Fastback (he also has a Convertible) as we have both been working on taming the heat issue common to all Frua 428's.

I'll ask him about it next time I speak to him, though I understand he has had some contact with other ACOC members regarding BEX275. He's quite willing to share information, it seems - so maybe someone else can ask and answer.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 22:04:37 »
So what is he expecting to get out of it altogether. He's had the car long enough to know exactly what will be involved. He has done this for a long time.

Classicus

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 11:36:20 »
Great pity about Jim not being on-line sometimes as it would be really fantastic to read his thoughts about his amazing collection and how he put it all together down the years, especially of course his two Fruas which I'd really love to hear more about [:)]

Perhaps it's modern technology, wretched computers in particular which if so I can readily understand as they do take over your life sometimes. (Wife nods grimly... [B)]) A whole different world pre-internet which if I had to choose nowadays I think I would prefer too.

Perhaps it's Jim's reason as well ?

J Jones

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 19:02:43 »
I believe you've got it right, Classicus. He has a strong aversion to Computers. He seems to pretty much feel if anyone wants to communicate, the old ways are best.

Jim A

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 21:10:24 »
Maybe the old ways are best, but "selling a car Restored," whatever the details prove to be, seems fairly innovative.
   Is there a consensus that Mr. Feldman is "Mr(.) AC here in the USA?"

jrlucke

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 04:00:27 »
Is Jim's 2.6 the red car shown at the Forest Grove Oregon concours a couple years ago? Anyone know which one it is?

The red car looks very nice.

John

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace Bristol for sale
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 14:36:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim A..."selling a car Restored," whatever the details prove to be, seems fairly innovative...

I quite like the idea of a 'bespoke' restoration, I`m just surprised that he never got around to making a start on it before now. One thing I think is a certainty is that when finished, it will be a job second to none, if reputation is anything to go by.