Author Topic: A narrative to explain a MKIV  (Read 3357 times)

ak1234

• View Profile
A narrative to explain a MKIV
« on: August 08, 2014, 03:00:49 »
Ok so finally after about 8 years I;m going to pull ak 1234 out of hibernation and take it to a local upscale exotic car show.  The reason I have never taken it to a car show is because I just get tired of explaining its not a replica or a kit car.  So I ask can you guys help me put together a poster of sort ... which you have seen at car shows posted near the car with its description, explanation etc of the MKIV ... I;m at a loss for words and would love to prevent and argument if i should post in accurate information.  So if you guys could help me put together a paragraph or a few ..or maybe a website that might have accurate info ... that would be a god send for me.

Thanks in Advance my email is rjlombardo@optimum.net

Ron

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:32:18 »
Ron, There is a good starting point on the A.C.O.C. pages here:
   http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/members-area/models/cobra_MKIV/

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 02:57:11 »
Ok .. info is informative ... thanks

Ron

nick Godridge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 16:10:18 »
Best of luck with this Ron.

I suspect however that you may well continue to have problems with the question of Originality.

AS a  long term MK 1V owner myself I know exactly what you are going through.

MY personal perspective is that although we would like to argue it is an original car. The facts are against us. The cars were built by Brian Angliss' company in the 80's and 90's, and not the original AC cars ltd. Although it can be claime same bucks, factory personal etc , most people will put the cars in the same category as the continuation cars, and copies which are still being built today, some, by companies titled AC cars.

I have learnt to relax with this because the car is as close as I can get to a 60's car, with the best familly line that I can manage.

With prices of some replica's now exceeding some MK1V's I suspect you will have an uphill struggle for a while yet!

RGds
   Nick G

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:39:26 »
As a previous MKIV owner of two cars I will say that you shouldn't worry about what people think. The car is as good or not better than all previous Cobras. Substantially better than replicas. It is a quality built car.

Be happy in the knowledge that you have a blood line and a lovely car. They are rising in value and a sort after vehicle.

Most people haven't got a clue whether or not you car is a genuine or a replica. They just have no comprehension. That is fact. Trying to explain is pointless. Pearls before swine. The undiscerning are a mile away from being able to understand. Even if you had a wonderful 60's Cobra you'd pull up at garage and be asked what kind of replica it was. That would be even more galling.

Just be a happy man that you own a gorgeous car, and enjoy it. Life is to short to worry about what others think.

Go forth with pride!!

:-)